Masters Degree in Engineering

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Its been her goal since 11th grade. Her goal was a Masters degree in 5 years. She graduated HS in 2015 and here we are in 2020 and yesterday she completed her requirements. Only thing left is for the paperwork to finalize. Her degrees are Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, and the Masters in Biomedical Engineering.

She defended her Thesis yesterday. The title of which is smarter then I am. "Analysis of Center of Pressure and Center of Mass to Determine Patterns of Postural Stability in Neurotypical Subjects." Her grade for the Thesis was Passed with Distinction which is as good as it gets.

As close as I can come to explaining her study is Using stability and center of gravity to determine the status of a patient who had a concussion. Hoping that one day athletes will have baselines of stability done, so when they have a concussion they can test for when its healed via stability testing.

She gave up her softball career to make this happen. We talked about this the other day she misses the game, but she is glad she hit her academic goal.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Wow, that is quite the feat. I know some schools that are proud of a 5 year undergrad in Engineering. To complete her masters in 5 is very impressive. You have every right to strut around today. That's your girl!

Nov 29, 2009
Don't stand in her way. That is a DETERMINED woman.

As a parent you want your children to do better than yourself. Sounds like she's on her way.

Good for her!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood