Masks for practice & games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2019
Two of my DD's are in private lessons at the moment, and one will resume regular team practices as soon as the Governor in WV lifts the ban on team practices. With that said, anyone have recommendations for masks that will stay in place and provide the necessary protection when practicing...including under a catcher's helmet? We have a few neck gaiters, but they are not doing as well as I had hoped; and no, I don't' remember the brand.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I've seen quite a few coaches on the sidelines of college and pro football games wearing SHEMA97 masks. What caught my eye is that when they do a close-up, you can actually make out the outline of their mouths, noses, mustaches, etc. I'm hoping if they're light enough to partially see through, they will be a lot more breathable than the disposable paper cheapies that most people have access to. I ordered a couple from Helmetfitting.com, but they say it takes 2-3 weeks to get them. I'll have to wait and see if they're as good as I hope.

Sep 21, 2017
PA
Like Vertigo, almost all of mine are wearing the surgical mask. I do have a few wearing the Mission adjustable sport mask and they like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28