Mary Nutter starts today!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
I like what I'm seeing in some of the young fielders, but the pitching and catching situation isn't good. I showed my kid video of Bowden blocking and throwing out a runner last week. She winced hard at the mechanics of both the block and the throw.

It's gonna take Lombardi 2 seasons to reload. They'll limp through but it will be ugly. Dail will eventually come back down to earth and then it will be bad.

J.Galt

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Was raining when we left Newport. We stopped in Riverside for supplies and it's freezing cold here. Now I hope it doesn't snow on us.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2014
Was raining when we left Newport. We stopped in Riverside for supplies and it's freezing cold here. Now I hope it doesn't snow on us.

Sucks. Temps look a little better over the next few days. Hope it clears up for you guys! Enjoy

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
It is always hard for me to read about the Mary Nutter Tournament knowing that Mary is no longer with us. For those of you that knew her, you know she never met a stranger. I was always amazed that she could remember my dd when she knew so many players. I am glad that the tournament carries her name which, in turn, continues her legacy!

Feb 17, 2014
How long before ESPN shells out the money to get this on real tv? Other than the tournament, this is probably the big college event of the year, isn't it?

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
How long before ESPN shells out the money to get this on real tv? Other than the tournament, this is probably the big college event of the year, isn't it?

Since ESPN debuted their own early season tournament in Clearwater this year, my guess is they won't. I assume they could have done something with this if they wanted to, but elected to do their own thing.

J.Galt

Banned
Feb 8, 2019

The Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network is not interested in anything out west. If they cant control it and keep it all in the eastern time zone, they dont want it.
Instead of being involved in a traditional event out west they will instead try to create their own event on their coast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802