Marucci Echo DMND two piece

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 11, 2015
Anyone got any feedback on this newcomer? DD is looking for another bat. Been swinging the OG dual stamp Ghost for the past few years.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Anyone got any feedback on this newcomer? DD is looking for another bat. Been swinging the OG dual stamp Ghost for the past few years.
Full disclosure; I'm a rep for a store that sells them, but I always try the bats we sell.

Yes, my daughter loves the feel of the bat. She had the 2020 version, and she loves that bat. She said she thinks this one has even more pop. The durability on the 2020 was very good, but the new one hasn't been out long enough to see if it will hold up as well, but there's no reason to think it won't. I sold one to a client last week who broke it in the day he got it and his daughter used it that weekend. He said she loved the bat, too. Very smooth and balanced swing.

Text me with any questions. 631-942-3516

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
core getting mad with all this positive news about marucci!!! :geek:😂
Yeah, I don't get the laughing emoji. Marucci is huge in the baseball world, and the Cat series is extremely popular. Give them a few years to figure out and make inroads to the Fastpitch market, and they'll be a major player. This line seems to have moved them up a notch. Will it sell? Who knows. It's hard to break people of their addiction to the Ghost cult.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
core getting mad with all this positive news about marucci!!! :geek:😂
Not mad at all. We expressed so many things to Marucci about their softball lineup all on deaf ears.
We even went to their workshop when they bought Victus and everything. Dont know why you
would think I am against them, we are a dealer we just refuse to buy any at this point.
Even had their rep not wanna come out and show their new product off against other models. Thats
bad confidence if there is any.

I cant stand that they live off their baseball equipment and yet dont put that same effort into
softball (and I get it, baseball is their first profit stream and always will be). People post to buy, its good...then most every reaction is the same...its "ok", my dd uses as a backup...hahaha. I got very tired of explaining to
parents they bought a bat that was "ok" but spent good money on it. I feel bad when it happens
because sometimes a parent buys solely from what they hear and not every parent has money to just
go out and buy another bat right away to get something better.

I root for them to finally get it together and realize you have to go all in and put 100% into it...not just
make a bat just to get a few sales.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I would check your local stores to see if your daughter can try one out. My local Dick's has the Hit Trax cage, and they have the Marucci line available for testing. Regardless of whatever advice you get here from me, or anyone else, your daughter has to like the bat. Ultimately, I want the customer to get the bat they want and be happy with it, not what I, or someone else, want to sell them.

If she likes the Ghost, why look elsewhere?

Sep 19, 2018
I just got last years one piece Echo on a blow out sale. My DD's gamer is a Ghost Advanced. The Marucci is lighter in weight (which seems to be normal when comparing the 1-piece to 2). More importantly, it is surprising how different the balance is. The Ghost is MASSIVELY end loaded compared to the Marucci. Anyone ever saying the Ghost is not end loaded is only comparing it to end loaded slow pitch bats.

In her first (and only) BP use with the Echo, the ball traveled noticeably less than when using the GA in BP. With the Echo being so much more balanced, it can't possibly match the GA for pure Exit Velo. As Core has said so many times, It is how the bat works for that girl and her swing. So even if the exit velo is not as high at its best, perhaps the more balanced bat will lead to more balls barreled up.

I'd love to see how the Mizuno one piece and a CF compare.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I just got last years one piece Echo on a blow out sale. My DD's gamer is a Ghost Advanced. The Marucci is lighter in weight (which seems to be normal when comparing the 1-piece to 2). More importantly, it is surprising how different the balance is. The Ghost is MASSIVELY end loaded compared to the Marucci. Anyone ever saying the Ghost is not end loaded is only comparing it to end loaded slow pitch bats.

In her first (and only) BP use with the Echo, the ball traveled noticeably less than when using the GA in BP. With the Echo being so much more balanced, it can't possibly match the GA for pure Exit Velo. As Core has said so many times, It is how the bat works for that girl and her swing. So even if the exit velo is not as high at its best, perhaps the more balanced bat will lead to more balls barreled up.

I'd love to see how the Mizuno one piece and a CF compare.
Just out of curiosity, did you break in the Marucci before her sole BP session? Unlike the Ghost bats, I have found they need at least 250 swings to break in properly.

Sep 19, 2018
Just out of curiosity, did you break in the Marucci before her sole BP session? Unlike the Ghost bats, I have found they need at least 250 swings to break in properly.
No, it was basically right out of the wrapper. I used it to hit infield outfield this week. so another couple of sessions and we should be at 250 or so. I'll report if there is much of a difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee