Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 9 Years old

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
To me, it looks like she's not getting to full extension. Her arms never fully extend and hands don't roll over.
Upstream stuff is causing that imo. Her body is in a lousy position at swing launch and the result is bat drag and a big push...pretty ugly tbh.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Instead of trying to learn more about the swing to help my DD I think I am instead just going to head over to that off-topic thread and review what everybodies favorite alcoholic beverage is and work through them one at a time... :cautious:
I think that may be the smartest thing you've said here in a while! ;) :ROFLMAO:

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
I think that may be the smartest thing you've said here in a while! ;) :ROFLMAO:
It might be a challenge teaching my Continuum Mechanics and Computational Fluid Dynamics courses starting next week if I take that route but it may be worth it...Oh and if I get canned for teaching drunk I will just blame my DD and all of you who are encouraging me..

Jul 29, 2013
It might be a challenge teaching my Continuum Mechanics and Computational Fluid Dynamics courses starting next week if I take that route but it may be worth it...Oh and if I get canned for teaching drunk I will just blame my DD and all of you who are encouraging me..
Hey I'm all the way in NC.......blame away!

May 12, 2016
Hey pattar, I thought the 1 legged start swing looked great. Have you noticed how much different her barrel position/hand set is in her 1 legged vs normal swing. I believe this could be the key to her swinging flat.

1 legged

Normal

1 legged at toe touch

Normal at toe touch

BTW I think she is very athletic. But maybe if she started with her hands closer to the 1 legged shot above might help her out?

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
But maybe if she started with her hands closer to the 1 legged shot above might help her out?
She has been recently (after we started the 1 legged starts) and did it on her own after I gave up that fight a year ago..I think she was just trolling me. Also, it does help, I agree.

She was hitting well with me the last few weeks but she went up to visit her grandparents in MA the last 5 days so we will see what happens when she comes back and hits with me and also when her games start up this coming weekend. I haven't played with her since Thurs. and I have the shakes (along with missing her..first time she has been away from us..ever) .. :)

My goal for this Fall season is just to behave myself and try and enjoy her playing, warts and all.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
She has been recently (after we started the 1 legged starts) and did it on her own after I gave up that fight a year ago..I think she was just trolling me. Also, it does help, I agree.

She was hitting well with me the last few weeks but she went up to visit her grandparents in MA the last 5 days so we will see what happens when she comes back and hits with me and also when her games start up this coming weekend. I haven't played with her since Thurs. and I have the shakes (along with missing her..first time she has been away from us..ever) .. :)

My goal for this Fall season is just to behave myself and try and enjoy her playing, warts and all.
One of the biggest issues I have with my DD, and seems like your DD does as well, is flattening the barrel. I've worked real hard getting my DD to understand that we need to keep the barrel in a upright position as long as possible. Its a tough one.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlwolpert