Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 9 Years old

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks. Lots to work on. She has days when she swings it well and other days where everything is off a bit..probably not surprising for a 9 year old I guess. ;)
Not surprising at all ESPECIALLY for a 9yo. She's doing fine, and you're doing a good job preparing yourself to be her guide for a long time to come. Even if that means paying someone to tell her what you want to say when she stops listening to you ;)

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
As the father of a 19 year old I can tell you it will get worse before it gets better. But what I figured out eventually is that DD actually was listening even though she pretended not to be.

Example: Freshman/Sophomore years in high school were probably the most difficult for me. Challenged everything I said and made it very clear that she had her own way of doing things. Then I had an opportunity to watch her help coach the junior high team and help the varsity team with clinics for younger players. What do you know? All of a sudden she was using a lot of the same phrases and cues that she argued about... ;)

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
As the father of a 19 year old I can tell you it will get worse before it gets better.
You guys are supposed to be helping :LOL:

j/k :p

I've said this a million times before but I never remember my old man saying
anything to me about my hitting mechanics and if I was anything like my head strong, independent little 9YO DD I probably know why.

Basketball camp at the local HS today. Wonder if she will come back (like last year) and tell her mother that the coaches were telling her the same things Dad has been telling her as if that was the biggest surprise in the world :cautious:

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
All these flaws...facing good pitching...BUT YET...makes contact with good bat speed.

Athletes gonna athlete. Go, Marcela!

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
All these flaws...facing good pitching...BUT YET...makes contact with good bat speed.

Athletes gonna athlete. Go, Marcela!
lol..You are ruining the vibe with your positivity 😆 Also I said contact, not good contact :p

It is interesting if you look at the past 2 sets of videos, the first one was right after I had worked with her on not just dropping her head vertically in her negative move. The result was a bit of a simpler negative move and less of a kick and stride. Well the past 3 weeks or so I just let her hit for the most part and her actions have gotten progressively bigger and bigger..she is a movement junkie. So we either need to figure out how to tone down her actions consistently or figure out how to get the mechanics to work with the bigger actions that she obviously prefers.

On a brighter note she has been playing lights out at SS so there is that...of course now that I said that..

Last edited:

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
borush