Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 9 Years old

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
Go to 5:30 in the below video and you can see what I meant regarding her lowering herself down. Hard to see in the actual AB because the ump is in the way but she was doing it in her practice swings as well...she seems to be using that weird ass motion as some sort timing trigger...yeesh. I have no idea where she gets this sh&$ from :LOL:. She is either interpreting something I said incorrectly or just winging it..lol

Last edited:

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
She was better today..who knows. She hit the ball decent this weekend but the pitching was mediocre (although not all as bad as below..that was horrible lol). I would like to say the swing below from today was a good adjustment on an off-speed pitch..but it was a "fastball"..Glad me telling her to get her timing down in the on deck circle is working 😆

Last edited:

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
This weekend we have some strange hybrid leg kick to the point where she almost toe taps near her back foot. Cannot picture it? Yeah I wouldn't have been able to either if I hadn't seen it.

She has more swing styles than I do hairs on my head. My wife gave birth to a chameleon apparently..:LOL:

Next weekend I think I will play a game with you guys. First person to guess what weird thing she decides to incorporate in her swing will get a prize (10 dollars or less..that means only a few tacos for you @Eric F ).

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
For a girl her age, I like what she's doing. There's a lot of athleticism in her. Keep working towards the goal.

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
For a girl her age, I like what she's doing. There's a lot of athleticism in her. Keep working towards the goal.
Thanks. Lots to work on. She has days when she swings it well and other days where everything is off a bit..probably not surprising for a 9 year old I guess. ;)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks. Lots to work on. She has days when she swings it well and other days where everything is off a bit..probably not surprising for a 9 year old I guess. ;)
Not surprising at all ESPECIALLY for a 9yo. She's doing fine, and you're doing a good job preparing yourself to be her guide for a long time to come. Even if that means paying someone to tell her what you want to say when she stops listening to you ;)

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terrah