Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 9 Years old

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
When DD was younger we had some similar issues. I took some advice from Tewks and had some practices asking her to exaggerate some movements. I showed her some Mel Ott swings and asked her to try it. Hard to exaggerate more than Mel Ott. Not only did she have fun trying to emulate the swing, but it seemed to help her understand how to move her body. Every once in a while we go back to something like this just to mix things up a bit.

Thanks. She is so inconsistent with her actions..it makes it so difficult to try and work on things when the target is constantly "moving". It doesn't make a whole lot of sense either since she is smooth in the field,throwing etc and fast/quick so it isn't as if she isn't athletic.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018
CT
When DD was younger we had some similar issues. I took some advice from Tewks and had some practices asking her to exaggerate some movements. I showed her some Mel Ott swings and asked her to try it. Hard to exaggerate more than Mel Ott. Not only did she have fun trying to emulate the swing, but it seemed to help her understand how to move her body. Every once in a while we go back to something like this just to mix things up a bit.

Completely off topic, but takes me back to all the stances / swings we would imitate as kids...Oscar Gamble, Lenny dykstra, Gary carter, Darryl strawberry, Dwight Evans (east coast guy)...I can still do them all today.

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
Completely off topic, but takes me back to all the stances / swings we would imitate as kids...Oscar Gamble, Lenny dykstra, Gary carter, Darryl strawberry, Dwight Evans (east coast guy)...I can still do them all today.
I think most over the age of 35 have the same experiences. I had the whole mid-80's Red Sox lineup in my repetoire ;)

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
Games rained out today so we worked in the cages for a while. For whatever reason she definitely is fighting that pattern. If I remind her she is good and the results are night and day. She started to stand a little bit less tall in her stance and it seemed to help a bit. She is trying to obtain some sort of feeling in her swing when she is lowering like that but it messes with her whole sequence (as could be expected).

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I grew up imitating the late 70's/early 80's Phillies. I think it is a helpful process for young hitters.

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
I grew up imitating the late 70's/early 80's Phillies. I think it is a helpful process for young hitters.
Agreed. Although I think it is probably a lot more fun when you are out doing it with your friends rather then doing it with your old man :p

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
Tornadoes possible today. DW was talking to the kids about getting into the storm shelter if necessary and how we would only bring important stuff into it. Marcela and her brother asked about their bat bags, said those were important :LOL:

Oct 2, 2017
Tornadoes possible today. DW was talking to the kids about getting into the storm shelter if necessary and how we would only bring important stuff into it. Marcela and her brother asked about their bat bags, said those were important :LOL:
Hope everything is good out there in that part of the state.

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
Hope everything is good out there in that part of the state.
So far so good, I don't bother watching the tv..it is armageddon every time there is a 2% probability that there will be a tornado within 25 miles of us. There is guy on the internet who is much less dramatic and gives better information so I just watch him when necessary.

Oct 2, 2017
So far so good, I don't bother watching the tv..it is armageddon every time there is a 2% probability that there will be a tornado within 25 miles of us. There is guy on the internet who is much less dramatic and gives better information so I just watch him when necessary.
Oh I know. Living in this state it's the end of the world every time they talk about bad weather. Lol

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRP llc