Marcela 12 YO First Year 14U (Spring)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
I don’t ever want to see any kid get hurt, but standing on the base when no play is there (or honestly at all) is a softball epidemic at the younger ages. Some kids learn it the hard way.

pattar

I wasted time and now doth time waste me
Jun 8, 2016
I don’t ever want to see any kid get hurt, but standing on the base when no play is there (or honestly at all) is a softball epidemic at the younger ages. Some kids learn it the hard way.
Luckily she learned by getting run over by Olive Oyl..😂

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
2 for 3 with a couple of singles and walk in the 1st game. Team won.

Gets better every week. She hits bc she’s leveraged. Good(on time)scap load. Good core contraction. It’s a short swing w some pop. She can hit anything that is a strike deep or out front w a change of speed. She’s ahead of the curve imo. Keep working Marcela!

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
Gets better every week. She hits bc she’s leveraged. Good(on time)scap load. Good core contraction. It’s a short swing w some pop. She can hit anything that is a strike deep or out front w a change of speed. She’s ahead of the curve imo. Keep working Marcela!
Yeah..didn’t hit so well the rest of the day..3-13 in 3 games after that first game.

Everybody can see the major issue..no need to say anything further.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yeah..didn’t hit so well the rest of the day..3-13 in 3 games after that first game.

Everybody can see the major issue..no need to say anything further.

Yeah. There’s good and bad. Get off the roller coaster. You’ll never be happy that way. She’s trying to put good swings together. I can see it. Can you? It’s not that easy to put an A swing on a pitch all the time. But you know that already right?

pattar

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah. There’s good and bad. Get off the roller coaster. You’ll never be happy that way. She’s trying to put good swings together. I can see it. Can you? It’s not that easy to put an A swing on a pitch all the time. But you know that already right?
You said she “hits”. Good hitters in 14u hit close to .500..this isn’t MLB pitching. She has no pop. There are kids her age, smaller than her, hitting OTF HR on a regular basis. She has significant flaws in her swing which keep her from being a good 14u hitter.

Also roller coasters have ups last time I checked, unless you call being relieved an “up”

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You said she “hits”. Good hitters in 14u hit close to .500..this isn’t MLB pitching. She has no pop. There are kids her age, smaller than her, hitting OTF HR on a regular basis. She has significant flaws in her swing which keep her from being a good 14u hitter.

Also roller coasters have ups last time I checked, unless you call being relieved an “up”

Wow.