Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 11 years old

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Glad I could help the cause 😂
Your daughter is very athletic just not at the correct time.. Continue to challenge up front so that she can be most athletic when needed.

IOW's what actions can you come up with to allow her to be most athletic when needed.

pattar

Chasing rainbows
Jun 8, 2016
Your daughter is very athletic just not at the correct time.. Continue to challenge up front so that she can be most athletic when needed.
The goal is to screw her up enough so that she just ends up running track and then her “college track running” mother will have to deal with her 😒

pattar

Chasing rainbows
Jun 8, 2016
She's trying to think when;) she should be reacting.
This is probably very true and is something I have mentioned...which in turn probably made her think more. We are at a point in the offseason where I probably need to shut up and let her do her work.

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
This is probably very true and is something I have mentioned...which in turn probably made her think more. We are at a point in the offseason where I probably need to shut up and let her do her work.

Thinking isn't the problem when done at the correct time.. As a hitter she has time for one conscious thought.. Get it out of the way early so she can just react when needed.

pattar

Chasing rainbows
Jun 8, 2016
Thinking isn't the problem when done at the correct time.. As a hitter she has time for one conscious thought.. Get it out of the way early so she can just react when needed.
Right but the question really comes down to is it better for me to impose the initial actions on her or to let her athleticism/work/maturation process dictate them. You could say that hasn’t worked so far and you would be right so....😉

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Right but the question really comes down to is it better for me to impose the initial actions on her or to let her athleticism/work/maturation process dictate them. You could say that hasn’t worked so far and you would be right so....😉
In the end is your daughter giving herself a chance to be the athlete she is when the time calls for it ? Thats where you may be able to assist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nitro99