Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 11 years old

Jun 8, 2016
At this level 1st base is the 3rd or 4th most important position on the field. That can't happen.
Her mobility isn't great and they do virtually no work with position players on position specific skills (MI, catchers, 1B, etc). The team actually did better at the end of the year when they didn't have any practices :LOL:

Jun 8, 2016
Hey, at least she didn't wait all the way till the end of the season to start putting the bat on the ball, like my DD LOL. Look at the positives, not just the negatives
Yeah Marcela doesn't strike out much, never has.Not that what she does do consistently at the moment is much better.

Anyway, season is over...clean slate right?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Marcela is taking a bit of time off and now instead of stressing about her swing I am stressing about finding a new team for her to play on...is it possible to be addicted to cortisol?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Started offseason hitting today with some 45 degree SNF work and wiffle front toss in the garage.

Would have taken more time off but she is going to be working out for some teams in the near future. We will take more time off after tryouts/workouts are done.

Jun 8, 2016
Marcela worked out for two teams, an 08 team (2nd year 12's) and an 07 team (1st year 14's) and they both want her. Same org as her previous team. Both teams would have their positives and negatives,. I have my preference and will let her know if she asks but for now we are letting her decide.

Jun 8, 2016
Marcela worked out for two teams, an 08 team (2nd year 12's) and an 07 team (1st year 14's) and they both want her. Same org as her previous team. Both teams would have their positives and negatives,. I have my preference and will let her know if she asks but for now we are letting her decide.
She decided that she wanted to play 1 more year of 12's and hence is going to play for the 08 team.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonnaD01