Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 11 years old

Jun 8, 2016
Makes me want to scream.

I‘m a total bozo but I would have that fixed “immediately if not sooner”, lol
They haven't fielded bunts well all year. 3B doesn't get into a good ready position and doesn't move well and the 1B is a tree (not that she should have fielded that one..just in general). Pitchers don't want to field it because they all have a mental block with regards to throwing to 1B (just watch how she throws it over there..)

Jun 8, 2016
To be fair, I would post the two balls Marcela booted in the last inning of the last bracket game to lose the game (or at least help them lose) but no FB live for that game. I was mad for a second and then I saw her crying after the game (it was the last play of the game..) and then I wanted to cry for being mad..

Dec 11, 2010
I noticed 1b. If that’s all she’s going to do, you might as well keep her home, especially if she can throw.

The C..... Coaches daughter by chance? Total spectator, someone should charge her an admission fee.

Jun 8, 2016
I noticed 1b. If that’s all she’s going to do, you might as well keep her home, especially if she can throw.

The C..... Coaches daughter by chance? Total spectator, someone should charge her an admission fee.
Coaches kid is 3B. At the end of the day nobody wanted to take charge..that is the main problem. Somebody needs to want to make a play. There isn't a single kid on that team who I would say was "aggressive", Marcela included.

Dec 11, 2010
I think that stuff happens sometimes simply because no one has ever verbalized them a hierarchy of whose ball a bunt is.

Or even better verbalized and then (gasp!) practiced it

Jun 8, 2016
I think that stuff happens sometimes simply because no one has ever verbalized them a hierarchy of whose ball a bunt is.

Or even better verbalized and then (gasp!) practiced it
They practice it supposedly..not sure what they do though. That said, practicing it, and then doing it in a game when there is pressure to perform is not the same thing.

Jun 8, 2016
They had an (sometimes overly) aggressive "take charge" 3B and catcher last year and while there were typical 10U/12U throwing errors, none of that "he got it, she got it" stuff. They both left.

Dec 11, 2010
Sounds like a pretty manageable adjustment, especially if they work on it over the winter

Hate to lose those aggressive types though. The throwing works itself out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turz20