Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 11 years old

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think you might be onto something here. Natural hitting. (DIxon) Not everything the guy say is right but his concept is interesting.
Dixon tried to repackage the Alexander technique. He doesn’t understand the technique from my personal experience with him.

Sean Dixon is no athlete, over developed calf’s. Couldn’t run until he worked on it.

The Alexander technique involves the reflex muscular system. There is no way to do anything, and if you try you will interfere. Dixon is doing a lot of interfering on his video. Even on something as simple as taking a step he completely interferes.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Dixon tried to repackage the Alexander technique. He doesn’t understand the technique from my personal experience with him.

Sean Dixon is no athlete, over developed calf’s. Couldn’t run until he worked on it.

The Alexander technique involves the reflex muscular system. There is no way to do anything, and if you try you will interfere. Dixon is doing a lot of interfering on his video. Even on something as simple as taking a step he completely interferes.
In order for me to buy in to the Alexander technique I would have to smoke peyote buttons.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
In order for me to buy in to the Alexander technique I would have to smoke peyote buttons.
lol, I have many books trying to explain the technique. They all have their own spin on the technique and in some they just go off the deep end.

The technique is about rediscovering the 6th sense, Proprioception.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Man I don't check DFP for a few hours and look what happens to my kid's thread...cactus and cavemen..

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
AT (Alexander technique) is about more then one thing. For example it gets the postural muscles back into shape. And everyone says it’s not about posture. There is no perfect position to attain, as far as head, spine relationship.

I have several books on AT that I just stopped reading because they are trying to make it all mental/thought. Just complete nonsense and makes no sense.

I’ll be back

Jun 8, 2016
Swung it a bit better this weekend...but played not so great in the field. Go figure. It was cold and drizzly and she was moving like a 45 YO Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering professor. The law of Conservation of Mediocrity...