Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 11 years old

Jan 13, 2020
Didn't watch the 1st 3 games today (if you need a reason the team walked 24 batters in 4 games ) I went to the 4th game and in the 1st AB she was rocking back. I reminded her (yeah, yeah I shouldn't talk to her during the game..whatever at this point) and her second AB is below at 48:17 (you will have to click on Watch on Facebook) .

Swing still has all kinds of things wrong with it (and the bat is too big since she broke her 31 drop 10 but again at this point whatever..she didn't hit with that either) but at least she listened...

Her handset gets higher every week..I've given up on that. She is going to have to figure how to hit with that because I cannot get her to keep it where I think it should be.

I think she needs to change teams for no other reason (and there are plenty of reasons) that she needs a fresh start.
Maybe copy some Mookie hand action?

Jun 8, 2016
Weekend off from softball. Down in TX for bball where I get to watch her (virtually) run the baseline and never get the ball because her guards dribble too much and are 4'0 tall so they cannot see over the defense :rolleyes: If it was me I would have ripped the ball from my PG hands by now but she is not me...(and yes one of the 4'0 tall guards is HC kid...)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
We hit today and she was struggling. I finally tell her to just be athletic (I am not even sure wth that means tbh..lol) and hit it hard somewhere (this one I think I understand) and she started hitting.

Hopefully it is just me she cannot take any sort of instruction from because otherwise I would be better off flushing the money I am going to spend on an instructor down the toilet... :rolleyes: First lesson is Wed..we'll see I guess. If you don't hear from me it is because my wife caught me flushing money down the toilet and put me out of my misery.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
" I would have her start her swing with her bat on her shoulder - and keep it there - until launch. "

Done

Think George Brett. The torso must control the swing.

Jun 8, 2016
Not you George Brett. Her GB.
I know..but at times I do a pretty good impersonation of him and his pine tar hissy fit.

She won't do it RH, I've mentioned it and she doesn't want to do it..her swing not mine 🤷‍♂️ She is a stubborn SOB sometimes..no idea where she gets that from 😫. I am not against it for sure, like I said I have had my 5 YO son hit that way since he started...of course he does whatever I ask him to do..which I think pisses her off too :rolleyes: Yay for family dynamics...

Maybe I can trick the instructor to get her to do it...

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Oh boy, that all sounds familiar!

The instructor will invariably say some of the same things you have. Maybe in a different way, but she is about to get a dose of “maybe dad isn’t so dumb after all”

It will probably take awhile, but as long as you don’t rub her nose in it, she will come around!

Jun 8, 2016
Oh boy, that all sounds familiar!

The instructor will invariably say some of the same things you have. Maybe in a different way, but she is about to get a dose of “maybe dad isn’t so dumb after all”

It will probably take awhile, but as long as you don’t rub her nose in it, she will come around!
I don't know..if she is anything like her mother/my wife I am not sure if she will have that moment. I have known her 25 years now and she still hasn't come around.. :unsure:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bokenon