Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 11 years old

Jun 8, 2016
Starting earlier with an all back all forward movement ?
I agree she still doesn't create enough stretch. Can you explain why that would directly cause her to be hitting balls off the end of the bat? Better shoulder action during the swing e.g. not having the barrel get in and out of the zone too quick?

Jun 8, 2016
Probably right. Can’t create an adjustment timing etc etc.
Ok. I mean the stride needs to be fixed like it has been for 2+ years. That will help with a lot of things. Apparently I am REALLY bad at getting it fixed..I could have taught her to hit LH in that time... :LOL:

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Ok. I mean the stride needs to be fixed like it has been for 2+ years. That will help with a lot of things. Apparently I am REALLY bad at getting it fixed..I could have taught her to hit LH in that time... :LOL:
TDS is the master at this. But I taught my dd to let the gather create the stride. I had her load w forward bend and a bat tip into the ground like Trout. I took back and forth out the equation and made it about up and down. I put her feet together made her keep her head still(back and forth) to create a load into the ground on a high tee. So she knew how far she should bend. I wouldn’t recommend a bat tip unless a player can’t slot the rear elbow on time. Can create late planing issues and take away or enhance the load. It all depends. That’s just me.

westwinds version w the feet overlapping is really good also. It creates some forward bend in the set up already.

Jun 8, 2016
TDS is the master at this. But I taught my dd to let the gather create the stride. I had her load w forward bend and a bat tip into the ground like Trout. I took back and forth out the equation and made it about up and down. I put her feet together made her keep her head still(back and forth) to create a load into the ground on a high tee. So she knew how far she should bend. I wouldn’t recommend a bat tip unless a player can’t slot the rear elbow on time. Can create late planing issues and take away or enhance the load. It all depends. That’s just me.

westwinds version w the feet overlapping is really good also. It creates some forward bend in the set up already.
Thanks.

She does the feet crossed over when she does tee work on her own now..she likes to do the tee work on her own (I am not allowed to be there..lol) so who knows if she is doing it correctly.....Nothing she does in drills/BP carry over to her game swing...obviously she has a lot of muscle memory which she reverts to when the pressure is on.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I am guessing she hits the panic button when the pitch is about to be delivered which throws the sequence off and she locks up.

I do think learning how to move out without a ball being thrown, and feel what a leveraged position is will help her in addressing panic if thats what it is.

You can mock throw to her to help with her owning the feel. Once she owns it she will know weather she's late/early etc when throwing live..

Jun 8, 2016
Just had a thought..maybe I should just have my 5 YO teach her how to stride..he does it just fine :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turz20