Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 11 years old

Dec 11, 2010
I like the feet together drill you mentioned a couple pages ago. If you start with the stride foot crossed over the rear leg ankle it changes that drills posture and it’s like a different drill. Especially if she points her front shoulder roughly at the contact point of a middle/middle pitch. Usually you have to really work on “slower and earlier” with the stride on this drill to get the pace of the stride right.

Jun 8, 2016
Rough weekend. Only 1 hit and 1 barreled up ball. She must have hit more than half her balls off the end of the bat to 3rd base... :rolleyes: I have to wonder if her not leveling the barrel nearly as much anymore is getting her better time to contact and she hasn't adjusted her timing for it...Either that or she is taking too much of a hard left turn with her shoulders...yeah it is probably the latter lol. I again tried to take a video but somehow failed..I may need to hire somebody to do it :LOL:

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Rough weekend. Only 1 hit and 1 barreled up ball. She must have hit more than half her balls off the end of the bat to 3rd base... :rolleyes: I have to wonder if her not leveling the barrel nearly as much anymore is getting her better time to contact and she hasn't adjusted her timing for it...Either that or she is taking too much of a hard left turn with her shoulders...yeah it is probably the latter lol. I again tried to take a video but somehow failed..I may need to hire somebody to do it :LOL:
with her kind of flatter barrel angle and posture she should be hunting up in the zone and east and west. kinda like Bregman.

Jun 8, 2016
with her kind of flatter barrel angle and posture she should be hunting up in the zone and east and west. kinda like Bregman.
Yeah but that doesn't really explain the end of the bat thing I don't think. She went from hitting everything to right center in the spring/summer to hitting everything off the end to third..lol.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Yeah but that doesn't really explain the end of the bat thing I don't think. She went from hitting everything to right center in the spring/summer to hitting everything off the end to third..lol.
Starting earlier with an all back all forward movement ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turz20