Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 11 years old

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Another tournament this weekend. If the team can get their BA over the Mendoza line I will be satisfied... :rolleyes:
LOL! When I played modified fast pitch I had a teammate that we affectionately referred to as Mario. He was not a baseball fan so he didn't know what were were talking about, but the rest of the team did...

Jun 8, 2016
LOL! When I played modified fast pitch I had a teammate that we affectionately referred to as Mario. He was not a baseball fan so he didn't know what were were talking about, but the rest of the team did...
Ignorance is bliss.. :p

Jun 8, 2016
Maybe you can see something here?

Thanks. I don’t know if drills are going to do anything tbh. It almost looks like she is afraid to move out..like she thinks sitting back and then reaching will protect her from getting beat..When she is on the on deck circle she moves out properly.

Jun 8, 2016
At this point everything may be so ingrained that it might be nearly impossible to break some of the bad habits.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
Not unless I am prepping her for slowpitch softball 😉 . Only way I could put any speed on the ball from the rubber would be to throw overhand.
My teams can always hit the fast stuff but struggle on the junk. I guess it is because I focus on basic technic first. But to turn things around soon, one of the drills I use is a 3 home-plate drill. One normal home plate position, and one each 3 feet forward and back. It teaches subtle adjustment between speeds and frequently even pitch height. The advantage is only one pitcher is needed. We also focus on targeted hitting; hitting the the ball where it is pitched. The hitter position can be arbitrary once they adjust.

Below is a dual function photo I made for our National Team coaches and our emphasis in hitting practice. My goal is "10/60/30" in hitting. 60% of our emphasis is hitting up the middle, etc. If you can hit up the middle, you can hit to any field is the theory. But we also have very focused practice on hitting to right-field in every practice. I have an award system where the girl must choose which pitch to hit to produce the points. In this photo all the points are for hitting up the middle. I do the same for right-field. I do not ignore pulling the ball, I just don't emphasize it since it is pretty natural and quite honestly over-emphasized as a result, like rolling over and hitting a weak ground ball to SS. This drill also helps to emphasize timing.

I also included a screen capture of your DD's swing plane from one of your videos. There is nothing wrong with it. I see other issues but certainly not an elbow or swing plane issue.

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canefan