Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 11 years old

Jun 8, 2016
Dang pattar, you're reaching way back for this one! Guarantee this one is being Googled! Sorry about the Severs, heel pain is terrible!
I don't watch a lot of baseball anymore but the Mendoza line was frequently mentioned when I watched games growing up..

Dec 5, 2017
Another tournament this weekend. If the team can get their BA over the Mendoza line I will be satisfied... :rolleyes:

We've settled into a pattern of me throwing front toss to her 2 or 3 times a week and her doing tee work on her own a few times a week. Front toss work usually consists of about a bucket of 45 degree SNF swings followed by a bucket of feet together swings and then finally one to two buckets of regulars swings. Some days are better than others in terms of attitude but at least I am getting to work with her.

Her heel is hurting again (she has a bit of Severs) so I am guessing she is going through another growth spurt 🤷‍♂️
DD turned 11 in July and has been dealing with this for 3 years now. Gets worse during basketball, which just started, and really flares up during tournaments. Cleats really make it worse and every pair of turf shoes I get her she won't wear even though they help, kids :rolleyes:. What are X braces?

Jun 8, 2016
What are X braces?
I actually got BodyProx Ankle Support Braces (which are similar and cheaper) based upon this article:

For 20 bucks total for both feet I figured it was worth a try. She has worn them with both her bball sneakers and cleats and said they have helped. The test will be when she has 4 games in a day for either her hoops or sball teams.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueBlur