Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 11 years old

Jun 8, 2016
Continued from:

90AE5322-AF28-4CC7-94C2-57C8C569A5C5.jpeg

Jun 8, 2016
Went 1 for 3 with a BB yesterday. Hit was a nice liner to LF . I took a video of the AB but when I turned the phone sideways like I thought you were supposed to it comes up sideways on my wife’s iphone 11 for some reason 🤷 I will try and take another today.

Swing was pretty much the same as usual. She wasn’t moving out on time (or that well).

I behaved myself with respect to her but did appear to draw the ire of her HC when I said “why are we playing the IF in with bases loaded and 2 outs” too loud.. I guess he was expecting a bunt (?) since the team was “small balling” them to death but that doesn’t explain why he had the MI in 😒

May 12, 2016
Went 1 for 3 with a BB yesterday. Hit was a nice liner to LF . I took a video of the AB but when I turned the phone sideways like I thought you were supposed to it comes up sideways on my wife’s iphone 11 for some reason 🤷 I will try and take another today.

Swing was pretty much the same as usual. She wasn’t moving out on time (or that well).

I behaved myself with respect to her but did appear to draw the ire of her HC when I said “why are we playing the IF in with bases loaded and 2 outs” too loud.. I guess he was expecting a bunt (?) since the team was “small balling” them to death but that doesn’t explain why he had the MI in 😒
Yeah that's dumb

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Like I said not moving out well...
Yeah. It’s tough to swing from there. I think you could alter her set up so she is on her back leg to begin while her front foot is on its top toe so she has nowhere to go but forward and down or narrow her up so much she has to get forward OR you could use an external ‘pull’ approach to get her attacking instead of waiting for it. That’s what I would try. Keep at it P. Happy bday Marcela!

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah. It’s tough to swing from there. I think you could alter her set up so she is on her back leg to begin while her front foot is on its top toe so she has nowhere to go but forward and down or narrow her up so much she has to get forward OR you could use an external ‘pull’ approach to get her attacking instead of waiting for it. That’s what I would try. Keep at it P. Happy bday Marcela!
She hasn’t been doing that big negative move in BP. She reverts back to that when she is uncomfortable with her timing or is worried about being on time . She just needs to get in box and “attack” the ball.. she has had too much going “upstairs” in the box in games for a while now.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
She hasn’t been doing that big negative move in BP. She reverts back to that when she is uncomfortable with her timing or is worried about being on time . She just needs to get in box and “attack” the ball.. she has had too much going “upstairs” in the box in games for a while now.
Is that why she calls time so often?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turz20