Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 10 Years Old

Jun 8, 2016
Pretty sure it was her. She moves laterally and threw the ball very well. pattar have you considered vodka or narcotics. LOL
He was talking about the popup at the end of the video. Marcela said the 3B caught that so I was correct.. 😉
With regards to sedatives just not watching is cheaper and certainly better for my health. Using those would have probably helped me when I played for sure..

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
He was talking about the popup at the end of the video. Marcela said the 3B caught that so I was correct.. 😉
With regards to sedatives just not watching is cheaper and certainly better for my health. Using those would have probably helped me when I played for sure..
Have you considered the possibility that she loves you and wants your approval? Even if you are not pressuring her, she may be pressuring herself in order to impress you. I bring it up because I was once in that very position. I couldn't see it at first. But once I figured it out, things started to improve. It was never about my goals for DD. It was always about DDs goals for herself. All she ever wanted was my support as her biggest fan.

Jun 8, 2016
Have you considered the possibility that she loves you and wants your approval? Even if you are not pressuring her, she may be pressuring herself in order to impress you.
Could be an issue for sure. I've told her a million times she needs to play the game for her team and herself and not for me but I am sure that my behavior at times makes that difficult to do.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Could be an issue for sure. I've told her a million times she needs to play the game for her team and herself and not for me but I am sure that my behavior at times makes that difficult to do.
It can be hard. As a coach, a typical conversation with Meg when she was younger may have been "Hey, great job out there today. Your change up was filthy. Nice job hitting. Just work on your discipline a bit. But overall you were awesome." What I gradually learned is that all she would hear is "YOU ARE UNDISCIPLINED!!!". Not my intention, but that is how she would take it. Eventually I learned to adjust to something more like "You were awesome out there today kid. I am very proud of you!". What happened is she became more focused. Wanted to practice more. And I think we both had more fun as a result. Everyone's different, so I have no idea if this is what you are Marcela are going through. Just sharing some things I experienced... Your a smart guy and a great father, so I'm sure you will figure it out. Wish her luck!!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
It can be hard. As a coach, a typical conversation with Meg when she was younger may have been "Hey, great job out there today. Your change up was filthy. Nice job hitting. Just work on your discipline a bit. But overall you were awesome." What I gradually learned is that all she would hear is "YOU ARE UNDISCIPLINED!!!". Not my intention, but that is how she would take it. Eventually I learned to adjust to something more like "You were awesome out there today kid. I am very proud of you!". What happened is she became more focused. Wanted to practice more. And I think we both had more fun as a result. Everyone's different, so I have no idea if this is what you are Marcela are going through. Just sharing some things I experienced... Your a smart guy and a great father, so I'm sure you will figure it out. Wish her luck!!
This is so true. What you we say and what they hear can be very different. And instead of tell them they are great, tell their hard work is paying off.

Jun 8, 2016
I hope this is satire. Your DD is a very good player defensively. Her swing is a little inconsistent but it is due mainly to timing and her being wiry. Her sequence off the tee is good. She is going to get there.
Not really. I haven't really seen much improvement in her skills, defensive or offensive, despite the work we put in, in the last year. Blame the "instructor". Her game hitting results have gotten worse actually..guess everybody is improving while she isn't.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Team sh&% the bed and they were done early today. The team has some issues which go beyond just softball ability/skill stuff..but that is a topic for a different day...

According to DW Marcela's 2 hits in 4 ABs (she walked twice) were bloopers to short LF and CF. She also booted a ball and bobbled another (which I guess they gave an error to the 1B on since she missed the throw), along with getting picked off 3rd in a 1st and 3rd steal down 7-1. So overall she played great it sounds like..Oh and take a look at her Stanton inspired closed off stance she was sporting yesterday for no other reason that her spatial/body awareness set is a null set..
Screenshot from 2020-07-12 07-13-34.png

They probably won't play again till Sept (not sure that will even happen since I have a feeling the State might start to reverse some of "openings" soon)..cannot say I am disappointed. If she asks me to work with her the next few weeks I am going to tell her I need to take a break..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joey.anglin