Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 10 Years Old

Jun 8, 2016
Hit on the field for the second time this year last night. Swing is so inconsistent even from pitch to pitch. She has yet to get back to where she was in early January which I thought was decent. Maybe I need to have her swing the 32 drop 10 Xeno which she was swinging at that time (yes I am getting desperate here).

On a brighter note she looks really good in the field...unfortunately no-hit all field SS are not a thing anymore :LOL:

Oct 2, 2017
Hit on the field for the second time this year last night. Swing is so inconsistent even from pitch to pitch. She has yet to get back to where she was in early January which I thought was decent. Maybe I need to have her swing the 32 drop 10 Xeno which she was swinging at that time (yes I am getting desperate here).

On a brighter note she looks really good in the field...unfortunately no-hit all field SS are not a thing anymore :LOL:
She is 10 right? What is she swinging now, if your saying to go to a 32-10 LOL

Jun 8, 2016
She is 10 right? What is she swinging now, if your saying to go to a 32-10 LOL
She is swinging a 31 drop 10. She was only swinging the 32 drop 10, which we got for free, because she had cracked her 31 drop 10 and we were waiting for the replacement bat. I was only kidding, her swing mechanics issues have nothing to do with her bat ;)

Aug 2, 2019
She is swinging a 31 drop 10. She was only swinging the 32 drop 10, which we got for free, because she had cracked her 31 drop 10 and we were waiting for the replacement bat. I was only kidding, her swing mechanics issues have nothing to do with her bat ;)
My DD is about the same size as yours. I had her swing a 32 -9 lxt for some weighted bat drills, and I can't get it out of her hands. She was pestering me to let her use it in tournaments and I wouldn't let her. Had her use it in a league game to prove to her that it was too big and she rips a liner to the fence with it. 😐 Well, that backfired. I'm never getting it out of her hands now. She's not even 80lbs. She chokes up an inch and somehow she handles it. I'm not convinced it's ideal, but she prefers the extra weight.

That was a lot of words to say, what the hell, why give the big bat a shot.

Jun 8, 2016
That was a lot of words to say, what the hell, why give the big bat a shot.
She will be facing 13 YO throwing mid to upper 50's this year. With the way she is swinging now she won't be able to handle that with a 31 drop 10, nevermind a 32 drop 10. She figures out her swing and then maybe I will let her be a big girl and swing the 32 :LOL:

Aug 2, 2019
She will be facing 13 YO throwing mid to upper 50's this year. With the way she is swinging now she won't be able to handle that with a 31 drop 10, nevermind a 32 drop 10. She figures out her swing and then maybe I will let her be a big girl and swing the 32 :LOL:
My DD will be OK with the big bat to the upper 40s, which is all I really expect to see this year. The 31 -11 is still in the bag, though. Just in case.

Jun 8, 2016
Oh and Marcela challenged me to hit one out of a slow pitch field with her backup bat after we were done. She won the challenge (I apparently now have warning track power) and now my back is telling me I shouldn't have done that :sneaky:

Jun 8, 2016
992x744.jpeg

Not hitting..shoot me :LOL:

Her indoor facility is shut down so we are forced to go old school. Marcela hit off the tee and baseball wiffles in the garage last night and we will hit on the field this weekend assuming it is dry enough..we were going to take grounders there today but it was a mud pit.

I decided I am just going to let her use her 32 drop 10 the rest of the spring/summer since I was going to have her use it in the Fall and I don't anticipate her playing games anytime soon.

This was funny, she hadn't hit baseball sized balls in a long time so her first 10 swings or so she wasn't squaring anything up. Her 5 YO brother then decided to declare that he hits better than her which obviously went over well with the 10 YO big sister..:ROFLMAO:

Jun 8, 2016
Already getting a bit bored hitting in the garage so after seeing somebody on twitter have an angle toss setup in their basement hitting regular softballs I decided to give that a go in the garage with a bownet and L-screen. I learned a couple of things
a) 5 YOs are horrible at angle toss
b) practice throwing angle toss with a wiffle ball before you decide to throw a regular softball to a 10 YO and she pulls ones
c) my wife runs really fast from the house to the garage with a 1 YO in tow when she hears a 12" softball hit a garage door.

Anyway we figured it out eventually and it was a fun change of pace. We hit regular front toss with wiffles after. Will try and hit on the field a few times this week as the weather is supposed to be nice.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
We've hit on the field 3 times the last week and a half and at home a few times. It is weird but the way she moves at home on cement seems better for whatever reason. I don't know if it is the lack of a perfectly level batters box or her hitting in cleats or her hitting wiffles vs softballs (not sure why that would change anything) or what but there is certainly a difference. Son has the same issue but he is 5..Both of them must take after their mother with regards to being so sensitive to small things (yeah you have a piece of hair out of place when you are hitting..you won't die!!). When I am concentrating on something a dinosaur could walk in front of me and I wouldn't even notice.

That said, overall not really liking the swing much in general, her sequencing seems off and her quickness is suffering as a result. The same 32 drop 10 she was swinging nicely in Jan. is looking like a telephone pole in her hands now.

She has been in a "mood" lately so I haven't even bothered asking her if she wanted me to video her..when she gets off the virtual rag I will see if I can get something.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tikishaw