Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 10 Years Old

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
Sounds like it went better than our BP last night. We left and I had to stop myself from dropping her off with the fire department. One of the few times I regret teaching her our address...
You joke, but there have been a few times where I ended our session because of strife (when we hit near our house) and she insisted on staying saying she wasn't done yet. So I packed up our stuff put it in the car and drove away..the stubborn bugga just sat there until I circled back around..

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
I may have to try that :ROFLMAO: . There were tears last night, because I wasn't sympathetic enough to her self-inflicted injury, from doing a particular tee drill that I have specifically told her that I didn't want her doing.

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
I may have to try that :ROFLMAO: . There were tears last night, because I wasn't sympathetic enough to her self-inflicted injury, from doing a particular tee drill that I have specifically told her that I didn't want her doing.
A 10/11 YO doing something you told them not to? Shocking!! They think they are grown up but then decide to try and put their father's elbow sleeve (when they were told to go to sleep 5 times already), which he wears when he lifts because he is old and his elbows hurt, over their leg for some unknown reason and then comes running out crying to their mother that they cannot get it off. Mom then has to cut it off...not that I know anybody that that has happened to or anything..

Oct 2, 2017
Sounds like it went better than our BP last night. We left and I had to stop myself from dropping her off with the fire department. One of the few times I regret teaching her our address...
Must have been something in the koolaid, because I went the same for my DD yesterday with pitching and hitting LOL

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Hit again last night. Went back to faking some pitches so I could see some of her movement better. One thing which was nice last night (other than she didn't get pissed when I did it) was that when I did this she could feel that her move out was incorrect (she mentioned it without me asking). Now we just need to work on getting it fixed while not killing the athleticism/aggressiveness in her swing (which has been the result whenever I tried to do this in the past).
That's a really good step in the self-awareness department! :)

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Must have been something in the koolaid, because I went the same for my DD yesterday with pitching and hitting LOL
Something must really be in the air. Ellie had a terrible practice on Tuesday night. Coach sped up live pitching to all the girls to get them more accustomed to the kid pitch, and she was up there not doing ONE THING we've ever talked about, just hoping to make contact on pitches rather than actually swing the bat. Then, during infield drills, she was acting like she was afraid any ball would pop up and hit her in the face.

I didn't say one thing after practice - you'd be proud (or my wife would be, at least). At night before bed I said we all have bad days, even Mike Trout, we just have to put it behind us.

I'll be honest, I was bummed out yesterday. But today's a new day, she has a scrimmage tonight and we're going to keep working to kick some butt.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Something must really be in the air. Ellie had a terrible practice on Tuesday night. Coach sped up live pitching to all the girls to get them more accustomed to the kid pitch, and she was up there not doing ONE THING we've ever talked about, just hoping to make contact on pitches rather than actually swing the bat. Then, during infield drills, she was acting like she was afraid any ball would pop up and hit her in the face.

I didn't say one thing after practice - you'd be proud (or my wife would be, at least). At night before bed I said we all have bad days, even Mike Trout, we just have to put it behind us.

I'll be honest, I was bummed out yesterday. But today's a new day, she has a scrimmage tonight and we're going to keep working to kick some butt.
First, she should be wearing a face mask.

Second, Just like pitching you can't guide the ball/barrel. Practice hitting into a heavy bag and then swing the same way at a ball. You just swing and let God's incredible brain/body/coordination go to work (use the force). I always work with pitchers to throw harder if they want better control. Slowing down to throw strikes doesn't work that well and leads to guiding the ball. In hitting you have the same thing happening.

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
Some indoor hitting with whatever is available..Looks like the youngest has been watching his old man throw BP from a bucket to his brother.. :LOL:

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP220