mantra plus blast =

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
I was told when
I
Played it is not the bow and arrow but it is the Indian lol
You were told correctly. OU hit 11 of 13 home runs in their opening game with the old Rawlings bat that no one buys.

Let's face it. Between Ghost, Ghost Advanced, RXT, LXT, Xeno, Prism+, CF, Phenix, and Mantra there isn't a whole lot of performance difference because there are limits set by the softball associations and manufacturers won't make a bat that exceeds the limits. So find one that your daughter likes and buy it. All this "This bat is the HOTTEST bat out there" stuff is BS. They are all within a few exit velo mph's of each other.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
You were told correctly. OU hit 11 of 13 home runs in their opening game with the old Rawlings bat that no one buys.

Let's face it. Between Ghost, Ghost Advanced, RXT, LXT, Xeno, Prism+, CF, Phenix, and Mantra there isn't a whole lot of performance difference because there are limits set by the softball associations and manufacturers won't make a bat that exceeds the limits. So find one that your daughter likes and buy it. All this "This bat is the HOTTEST bat out there" stuff is BS. They are all within a few exit velo mph's of each other.
I would agree with most of this. The exception would be find the best bat that they are comfortable with that fits their swing mechanics.

Aug 20, 2017
Some bats have a longer break in period than others. Ghost is the hottest fresh out of the wrapper. Will break the quickest too.

Mar 28, 2014
Ghost is the hottest fresh out of the wrapper.
I hear you and I know that is the war chant of all softball crazies but I have never seen any evidence to back it up. Have you seen any studies showing proof? My own exit velo studies done with my DD showed a used Demarini CF6 as having higher exit velo on average than a 2018 Ghost ASA model which is supposed to be the hottest of the hottest. About 1 or 2 mph higher. But it's still anecdotal as conditions cannot be exactly duplicated like they should be for any real comparison.

One of these days someone is going to build a baseball/softball swing robot to rival what they have in golf and put to rest some of the myths that prevail.

Aug 20, 2017
I hear you and I know that is the war chant of all softball crazies but I have never seen any evidence to back it up. Have you seen any studies showing proof? My own exit velo studies done with my DD showed a used Demarini CF6 as having higher exit velo on average than a 2018 Ghost ASA model which is supposed to be the hottest of the hottest. About 1 or 2 mph higher. But it's still anecdotal as conditions cannot be exactly duplicated like they should be for any real comparison.

One of these days someone is going to build a baseball/softball swing robot to rival what they have in golf and put to rest some of the myths that prevail.
Were both of these bats brand new when you compared them?

Aug 20, 2017
No -- the CF6 had more hits on it
That definitely matters. I’ve got a few CF 5’s and Easton Stealth speeds that I would put against any ghost. Out of the wrapper the Ghost is way hotter than any of those others out of the wrapper. It’s just takes so long to break in bats not named Ghost lol.

Mar 28, 2014
That definitely matters. I’ve got a few CF 5’s and Easton Stealth speeds that I would put against any ghost. Out of the wrapper the Ghost is way hotter than any of those others out of the wrapper. It’s just takes so long to break in bats not named Ghost lol.
Do you have any exit velo studies that show the difference in new vs 500 hits vs 2000 hits on the Ghost vs the same 3 conditions on another bat?

Jun 7, 2020
Saw 3 Mantras at the 12U B tournament we played in this weekend. They hit some of the prettiest soft ground outs and weak pop ups I've seen in quite a while. :p

Definitely agree. My daughter tried it again this weekend and its a dud. Switched to prism+ the next day and hit completely better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812