Making A College Video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2008
You're right that you won't be able to "fool" them in person, either. However, if your daughter is super coachable, pleasant, attentive and continuely demonstrates a high level of interest, I'd say she's showing a side of herself at camp that is very difficult to exemplify in video. Players tend to look slower and more average on video and more dynamic and complete in person. I'm not saying videos are a bad idea, you're right that they get in front of a lot of coaches, and that camps are expensive, too. Spend the $ on the camps she is interested in. And, if you're early in the process, get to some of the big camps that a lot of schools are working at once.

Best of luck in your recruiting process!

Mar 24, 2014
Thanks for the posts. New to video making. So far I was able to capture some good video clips and was going to try and use Movie Maker software. Is anybody familiar with this software? Does anybody recommend this or other software?

Dec 3, 2008
Use the iMovie app. It's $4-5 and is more than enough to edit down clips, add title and subtitle screens, etc. If you have an iPad, there are plenty of other apps that are just as user friendly. Videoshop is a good one. But if you're more comfortable on a computer, Windows Movie Maker will do the trick. All you have to be able to do is trim clips and add title/subtitle screens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22