Make it Your First Friday Check in 3/3/2017

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 6, 2015
DD made varsity and started high school practice this week and has an extra practice tomorrow. Can't wait for the first game on the 10th. Supposed to rain all weekend though so practice will probAbly end up in the gym.

Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
Friday was the first day of tryouts here in NJ. Our school had pitchers and catchers report. Today is first full squad tryouts, 63 girls vying for 45 spots on 3 teams (Frosh, JV, V). DD was on JV last year as a sophomore, but looking to grab one of the open OF spots on Varsity this year.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DS is about 4 hours into a 19 hour bus ride from Waco to Milwaukee right now with his rowing team. They spend their breaks between winter and spring terms in Texas every year, past few years at Baylor. They beat Baylor in a scrimmage, then back to the bus.

DD 3 has her last captains' practice and last pitching lesson before HS tryouts this week. They have a LOT of pitchers, but the ranks of pitchers are being thinned by injury, sad to say. Yes, that gives her a higher spot on the pecking order, but not the way she wanted it.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
We don't have a whole lot planned this weekend. Had a couple of projects due for school yesterday. Have a drama club performance tonight. After our performance, a couple of friends and I have a sleepover planned where we will be watching some movies and goofing around. Tomorrow, I need to hit the batting cage strong to get ready for softball practice starting Monday and perhaps having to go to Dunham's or Dick's to get another bat.

Mar 3, 2017
Luckily weather cooperative here in Western Kentucky. DD has outdoor tb practice tomorrow. First outdoor tournament next weekend.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

May 4, 2016
Saturday was catching and hitting lesson. That was followed by a two hour drive to Mizzou to watch them play Maryland and Oregon for DD first chance to watch a college game. She came away with a new favorite college team to go with Auburn in Oregon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog