Make it move

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
ummmm, ok. Does the coach think they invented this concept? I agree with the overall point but, I don't understand the point in this being a new thread?
ummmm, no. Its a concept that at the level D1 coach wants the pitchers to do more than throw the pitch straight.
See you agree.

Nov 22, 2020
Daughters college coach says it all this time. Make it move. Flat hits the bat.
Easier said than done, right? I agree with that statement. But how do you get the player to understand it isn’t always about mph and how do you get dads to stop focusing solely on mph? I think Instead of a statement focusing on the one attribute change it the main three: speed, spin, and strikes.

Mar 10, 2020
Pitching instructor had dd by 12u stop thinking about strikes. Worked on location. Mental approach with physical results.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
But how do you get the player to understand it isn’t always about mph and how do you get dads to stop focusing solely on mph?

???

You have an these dads bragging about DD throwing rise, drop, curve, screw, and you want them to work *more* on breaking pitches? The real problem is not perfecting a pitch.

Good pitching is about control, speed, changing speed and movement. If a pitcher can't do all four, she will be lit up by good hitters.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020
???

You have an these dads bragging about DD throwing rise, drop, curve, screw, and you want them to work *more* on breaking pitches? The real problem is not perfecting a pitch.

Good pitching is about control, speed, changing speed and movement. If a pitcher can't do all four, she will be lit up by good hitters.
Not following your 1st paragraph
Thats exactly how dd pitching stats stood out.
By commanding her rise, drop, curve and change.

Apr 28, 2014
When DDs team is playing i stand about 25 feet behind home plate for the first defensive inning. I can seen if the ball is flat.. I can usually tell and know they will get hit. A flat ball gets hit hard.

Mar 28, 2014
When DDs team is playing i stand about 25 feet behind home plate for the first defensive inning. I can seen if the ball is flat.. I can usually tell and know they will get hit. A flat ball gets hit hard.
Do you ever say anything to her if it is flat?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478