MacGrandle leaves Oregon

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Dad isn't happy. From what I'm gathering, he might be right. From what he's saying, Maddie was still having headaches from a recent concussion, but was still pitching. In my experience with my DD's concussions. if you're still having headaches, you aren't ready to return to action.

Another stick on the pile of concerns with the new Ducks program.

Oct 5, 2015
It is troubling but I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle as I'm sure she passed concussion protocols but it does't change the fact that there are more personnel issues at Oregon.

If you have a minute, go to the dad's twitter. He clearly has a need to complain....about everything. I mean everything. It is crazy. The guy definitely was made for twitter. He is not happy about much.

Apr 28, 2014
It is troubling but I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle as I'm sure she passed concussion protocols but it does't change the fact that there are more personnel issues at Oregon.

If you have a minute, go to the dad's twitter. He clearly has a need to complain....about everything. I mean everything. It is crazy. The guy definitely was made for twitter. He is not happy about much.

Her old man needs to read "Chop wood... carry water"

Feb 12, 2014
Dad isn't happy. From what I'm gathering, he might be right. From what he's saying, Maddie was still having headaches from a recent concussion, but was still pitching. In my experience with my DD's concussions. if you're still having headaches, you aren't ready to return to action.

Another stick on the pile of concerns with the new Ducks program.

Considering how well they handled Paige Lowary at Oklahoma, I'd be shocked and very disappointed to learn Lombardi was forcing a pitcher back into the circle still suffering from concussion symptoms.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Considering how well they handled Paige Lowary at Oklahoma, I'd be shocked and very disappointed to learn Lombardi was forcing a pitcher back into the circle still suffering from concussion symptoms.

Didn't Oklahoma have more pitching depth to rely on, though? Oregon is in a bad spot in that regard.

Jul 5, 2016
I wonder how many players who left Oregon did so because Mike White left along with (theoretically) any chance of winning the oh-so-elusive national championship. If Lombardi is at all good at recruiting she'll be able to recruit some pitchers for next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478