LXT -9 or -8?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Cabot, Arkansas
First off I would like to say thanks for any info you can give. I'm a long time reader and a first time poster, I have learned alot and used many techniques from here to work with both of my DD's.
Through all my reading and study I have decided to get my oldest an LXT, she currently swings a 33/23 CF6 Hope and loves it and hits very well with it, but I bought it used and I feel it is loosing some of it's pop. So this time I'm buying new.
My dilemma is she is pretty strong swinger an I feel she will benefit from a heavier bat, as I have learned from this site LXT's run light and is a stiffer bat for strong swingers. So as the title says should I get her an -9 or -8. I am leaning for -8 untill I get to reading again and think -9. Any help will be appreciated.

This is a photo taken by one of the parents last weekend of my DD. It was a hard hit deep line drive cought by the left fielder.
batting.jpg

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
IMO they do swing a bit light, but not nearly as light as a cf6. My dd swings a 33/24 lxt. I don't think she will ever need to go any bigger or heavier.

Oct 23, 2013
Chicagoland
DD was swinging 32/22 CF5 -10 and I got her a 2014 32/21 LXT -9 and Xeno 32/22 -10.

The LXT seems around the same weight as the -10 bats and is easier to swing (more balanced?) than the Xeno, which seems a little end-loaded.
I will eventually weight these bats to get actual figures.

DD tends to use the LXT, then Xeno and CF5.

If you wanted heavier, I would go with the -8.

Jul 10, 2011
My DD was swinging a 2013 Rocketech (33/24). It weighed in at 26.9 ounces. She recently switched to a 2015 LXT (33/25) which weighed in at 25.3 ounces. That is over an ounce and a half lighter, plus the RT was end loaded and the LXT is balanced. Huge difference. So far it looks like a great fit for her and most importantly, she loves it. Have her swing a few different weights to see what feels best. Also keep in mind that Demarini is pretty accurate when it comes to weight, so if your DD is swinging a 23 ounce Demarini she could be jumping up over 2 ounces by going to a -8 bat.

(Coresoftball20 educated me on the above when I purchased my DD's LXT from him....that makes me an expert now!)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee