Lu - 1st year 12U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
I think I see your analogy now, but I don't see it as directly relateable to this hitter. I see some pushing, and some pulling in her swing, not just pulling/dragging. What I don't see is is the coil, stretch, and barrel path that we see in top-level hitters.

This I concur with. It seems like a all back, all forward mentality. It could be as the poster said over baked on the tee. Would like to see the live swing. Along with the all back all forward, I do see DBSF as well. That could be from the excess movement?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I like this. Can you identify which points In the swing are these train connection points? And how one tightens them up? Thanks.
I like this. Can you identify which points In the swing are these train connection points? And how one tightens them up? Thanks.

This all relates back to how your hitter(s) produce force. There is a theory called the serape effect. Take a look and see if any of that makes sense to you. The chains and slings are much more complicated than that. But it is in the same line as how I like to produce force with hitters I work with.

There are many ways to produce the force needed. My advice to anyone always is and always will be. If it doesn’t match the greats... It’s probably not as efficient as it should be. Matching with results is what matters. Some have lost full sight of that. Not saying anyone in particular. Just re-planting the goal in everyone’s mind.

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
Brady,
Judging by the wiliness of all the posters helpful comments, it's quite obvious, several of us see huge potential in this young lady's swing. Lots of wonderful observations,. If I may suggest before we turn on each other, eat the elephant one bit at a time. Pick 1-3 things to work on. Don't be in a rush. I've stayed on a tee with some player several weeks and slowly transitioned to front toss.

Definitely appreciate all of the feedback. When it comes to adjusting anything my DD does I always try to take it in small steps. Hitting off the tee isn't her favorite thing in the world but being only 11 that isn't surprising lol

I will try to get some video of her hitting actual pitches next time. Need to get one of them fancy go-pros :). She did hit a bucket of balls with me throwing last time but I was rustier than she was so it was pretty ugly and not the most productive cage time we've had.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Definitely appreciate all of the feedback. When it comes to adjusting anything my DD does I always try to take it in small steps. Hitting off the tee isn't her favorite thing in the world but being only 11 that isn't surprising lol

I will try to get some video of her hitting actual pitches next time. Need to get one of them fancy go-pros :). She did hit a bucket of balls with me throwing last time but I was rustier than she was so it was pretty ugly and not the most productive cage time we've had.

You don't need a GoPro. Just use the video feature of your cell phone.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Around-Along-Ex1.gif

Around-Along-Ex1x.gif

Cabrera-hands-Around-Along.gif

CCabrera-Rev-CAround.gif
Think I could get on board with you rdbass if you quit saying " over or around the back hip socket." Both have wieghted the front and are swinging basically around their spine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802