LS Xeno thoughts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2015
Thinking of switching bats for my daughter from the Mako to Xeno. She's been using a teammates Xeno and crushing the ball compared to her Mako. The Mako just seems to have no pop even though I've broken it in with plenty of tee work and soft toss.

Is the Xeno Plus basically the same or better than the Xeno from prior years?

Jun 24, 2011
We've had end cap separation issues with 2014 and 2016 Xenos, decreased durability the newer the model. Our 2011 model is bulletproof.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Again, many LS bats period develop a little endcap separation...no big deal

To the question...First I would question if the Mako really is broken in. Next,
just maybe that the Xeno fits her better which is maybe why she hits it better. Also, maybe that the Mako is too heavy? Eastons run very heavy.

Tons of possibilities

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Run don't walk to an authorized LS dealer. I'd start with that one^^^^^^^^^^^.

The Xeno fits your dd's swing better for some reason. Roll with it.

One of my dd's used a Mako for 3-4 months and it never really worked for her. It was the exact weight and balance as another bat that she smoked the ball with but it didn't work for her. I see Mako's hit bombs all the time, they are great bats. Some bats work better for certain kids, who knows why. Just be thankful you know what bat to go buy.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
We switched from the Stealth to the LXT to the Xeno when Easton got rid of the Stealth series. Tried a Mako for a while but my daughter felt like the Xeno had more pop. At this point, 10 out of 12 girls on our 14U team and 15 of 16 on our Gold team use Louisvilles. Two Makos and one CF9 round out the pile.

Aug 12, 2015
I've put in plenty of time breaking the Mako in. It should definitely be broken in by now. From the tourneys we've played this season it seems like a large majority of the girls are swinging the Xeno, then the CF8 and Mako.

I've wondered if the Mako was too heavy because it does look that way when she swings that bat. The Xeno is the same size as her Mako and the swing speed appears to be so much quicker. With her joining a club team this fall I want her to have a bat she feels comfortable with and the Mako just isn't doing the job. So it looks like I'll be buying a Xeno in the very near future.

Thanks for the input guys!

Apr 25, 2010
My DD has 2 of the 2012's and 1 of the 2014's. She love love loves the 2012 and uses the 2014 for cold weather HS games. When it's bitter cold, she uses her 2013 Miken Freak because she hates the feel of it...lol. You would have to pry her 2012's out of her cold dead hands. They even have names and preferred seating in her bat bag. Seriously. If you have the money to spend, I recommend trying to find a NIW 2012. Money well spent.

Feb 29, 2012
Sorry for sounding naive here, but how do you break in a bat? I recently purchased a Louisville Xeno from Core (definitely the best deal out there). My daughter only plays town and town travel so she isn't playing more than two games a week and practicing 1-2 other days. So how do we go about maximizing the bats effectiveness?

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Sorry for sounding naive here, but how do you break in a bat? I recently purchased a Louisville Xeno from Core (definitely the best deal out there). My daughter only plays town and town travel so she isn't playing more than two games a week and practicing 1-2 other days. So how do we go about maximizing the bats effectiveness?

lots of hits with a real ball. Either tee work or softtoss. Rotate the bats while you are hitting. Need to put in about 500 reps before it starts really performing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802