LS RXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
It's not a superbat but it isn't the $29.99 elongated tin can that some would have you believe. It's serviceable. I would say it's lack of popularity was greatly influenced by it's higher price tag. Most folks didn't see the need to spend the extra $50 over the LXT or $100 over the Xeno. It seems as though $349 is the ceiling on what most will pay for a bat these days.
Anybody who spends that much on a bat is foolish. Buy your bats on Ebay for a fraction of the cost.
It is crazy though I saw a 2019 PXT for $129. Even cheaper than the 2018 models.
In no way should a PXT be less expensive than LXT’s or Xeno’s.
I was told the 19 PXT was better than the 18 version with the extra weight added to the sweet spot. Not sure only have 18 model.
Looking forward to testing the new 2020 RXT!!!

Dec 11, 2010
It’s serviceable? That isn’t really a glowing recommendation.

Again, if this bat was better you would see it used at the top level of softball.

If it was better, only ten or fifteen feet better than LXT or Xeno, people would buy it.

Maybe RXT will be better. I really, really like the idea of -10 with heavy endload. It has to be better than PXT though.

Apr 22, 2015
I will say this: We live in an instant gratification society currently. If you can get a bat that comes hot out of the wrapper vs a bat that needs 1,000 reps on it before it opens up what do you think most people would choose?
Also we now have new bats out like every six months that claim to be “game changers”.
I had my daughter hit on Thursday after her game. The field is 200’ down the lines and 210’ to center.
We used 18 ASA Ghost & 17, 18, & 19 Xeno’s.
My girl is 13 just under 5’ 2” and weighs 130lbs. She swings -9 endloaded through drop 11 balanced depending on quality of opposing pitchers. In this instance we used all drop 10’s except for 17 Xeno which is drop 11. So all 32” drop 10. She hit two homers apiece to left center and straight away center with Ghost & 18 Xeno. The Ghost is two yrs old and the 18 Xeno is new. Several hits on the fence on the fly and several one hoppers to the fence.
The Ghost & Xeno are equal performance bats in my experience. The Ghost is slightly endloaded so I believe this leads to a few more mishits. The Xeno being balanced is more consistent through the zone. They both sound great!!!
I have noticed the 17 & 18 Xeno have more of that grit paper on them than the 19 version does. I believe this helps hold the ball a little longer.
I have no problems with durability on either Ghost or Xeno. Sluggers do tend to chip rather easily but doesn’t seem to effect performance at all.
We have the Rawlings Quatro 2018 which we use for BP and that bat is a tank. Much less scarring than Sluggers just doesn’t have that satisfying Slugger sound. Also endloaded and too heavy for most games.
Unless Xeno’s have changed the last couple years since being bought by Wilson, Xeno’s are slightly endloaded also...The LXT was LS balanced bat...Older Xeno’s ran 1-1.5oz over sticker and LXT’s were dead on sticker weight.....2014,15,16 LXT’s were fantastic fastpitch bats

Mar 28, 2014
It’s serviceable? That isn’t really a glowing recommendation.

Again, if this bat was better you would see it used at the top level of softball.

If it was better, only ten or fifteen feet better than LXT or Xeno, people would buy it.

Maybe RXT will be better. I really, really like the idea of -10 with heavy endload. It has to be better than PXT though.
Not meant to be a glowing recommendation. I think you are arguing with yourself. No one has said it is better than the LXT or Xeno. Only that it is definitely better than what you said -- "Only thing that bat was good for is beating dents in cheating boyfriends pickup trucks out back of the honkytonk saloon."

Dec 11, 2010
I thought that was a pretty well crafted piece of prose, lol!

I just don’t want some poor parent to google PXT, read this thread and make that mistake.

May 9, 2010
My daughter hit the 2018 PXT for a while. She says the RXT is a completely different bat. Has way more pop, and as you can clearly see, it's balanced.

Attachments

• RXT.jpg
    RXT.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28