LS RXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2015
DD swung it in the cage today. Said it was balanced. Said it reminded her more of the Ghost and less of LXT or Xeno. Also, didn't have that signature LS sound on contact.

At $380 though? Sorry...that's a bit steep.

Aug 11, 2015
My DD hit it today at a demo as did I. I personally wouldn’t have said balanced when describing it but definitely not overly endloaded. Completely different sounding then the LXT. It was smooth through the zone. Overall I thought it was pretty comparable to the 20 LXT. DD liked the LXT better.

Apr 28, 2019
My DD hit it today at a demo as did I. I personally wouldn’t have said balanced when describing it but definitely not overly endloaded. Completely different sounding then the LXT. It was smooth through the zone. Overall I thought it was pretty comparable to the 20 LXT. DD liked the LXT better.
Ok so not worth the extra $30. Thanks

Apr 28, 2019
I would say that’s probably TBD but at first glance I would say no. 500 swings in it might be a completely different story.
Sluggers are all supposed to be hot out of the wrapper with the exception of 2018 PXT. A better option than RXT might be 2019 PXT. The reviews I’ve seen say it’s hot out of the wrapper and a beast in the right hands. The issue is durability. About 1/2 the reviews say it develops a rattle in the barrel rather quickly. There’s a shop dumping them on auction on EBay and there going for around $100 with warranty. Worth the risk in my book. Maybe get an LXT or RXT if it breaks.

Aug 11, 2015
I don’t see any 19 PXT’s going for $100 on the bay. Maybe it’s the size I’m looking for though.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
DD went through 10 PXTs in 2019. Absolutely loved the pop & the heavy swing weight. But they have a little carbon fibre rod in them, for some reason mounted in the end cap with (I kid you not) a little stainless steel finishing nail used to affix the rod into a bracket in the end cap. Kid would use the bat for a few hundred swings, then this rod inside would break loose and start rattling around in the inside of the bat. Local retailer was great; replaced it a bunch of times; then bought a few from Cheap Bats when local retailer ran out. Ended up getting warranty replacements for the two from Slugger which were the 2020 LXT and 2020 Prism. DD found the swing weight a bit light on the Prism; the LXT got thousands and thousands of swings and held up pretty well; finally cracked in May after about 6 months of use; ended up buying two more; one cracked within four days and the other in about two weeks. So I have two warranty replacements coming to me from Slugger once the 2021 models are out. Meanwhile, she has switched to Ghost Advanced and loves the pop. And we have wised up and will use 'practice bats' instead of actually expecting a 'game bat' to last more than a few thousand swings.

Apr 28, 2019
DD went through 10 PXTs in 2019. Absolutely loved the pop & the heavy swing weight. But they have a little carbon fibre rod in them, for some reason mounted in the end cap with (I kid you not) a little stainless steel finishing nail used to affix the rod into a bracket in the end cap. Kid would use the bat for a few hundred swings, then this rod inside would break loose and start rattling around in the inside of the bat. Local retailer was great; replaced it a bunch of times; then bought a few from Cheap Bats when local retailer ran out. Ended up getting warranty replacements for the two from Slugger which were the 2020 LXT and 2020 Prism. DD found the swing weight a bit light on the Prism; the LXT got thousands and thousands of swings and held up pretty well; finally cracked in May after about 6 months of use; ended up buying two more; one cracked within four days and the other in about two weeks. So I have two warranty replacements coming to me from Slugger once the 2021 models are out. Meanwhile, she has switched to Ghost Advanced and loves the pop. And we have wised up and will use 'practice bats' instead of actually expecting a 'game bat' to last more than a few thousand swings.

Hi- What size bat does your DD swing?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee