Low tech devices

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The Swing Blaster is a low tech bat speed device, that also has an audible click that tells you when the batspeed happens. The Line Drive Pro Trainer helps with the concept of throwing the barrel. I think combined these two low tech devices can supply some good feedback.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I got mine for free, used some rewards points. I'll give some feedback after using them. The swing blaster is going to take some time to arrive, must be out of stock, Sept 16-23. It might be awhile before I get chance to use them.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
How many have a punching bag for working on the swing? Just curious how many coaches use one. I always thought they would be useful since Mankin. Just never used one with hitters, I wished I had one many times, just never bought one, yet.

I had enough points to pay for close to half, so I bought a 40 pnd bag as the 70 pnd bag was a 2 week wait. Is 40 pnd's good enough? I would think it would be as it is only absorbing the swing. Anyone else use one and if so what weight?

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
I’m sure that is a pose. I think it can be used as a throwing the barrel or bat, without actually throwing the bat.

No doubt it's a pose. It's not a very good pose, however.

Seems to me that a Chuckit! ball launcher is a similar device for a LOT cheaper.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
You can’t really compare the Chuckit to this device that lets you swing your bat.

I guess. You're adding ounces out at the end of the bat. It's going to make your bat not feel like your bat. That said, I guess it's all in the instruction that goes along with it. If it helps you help a hitter improve her swing, it's all good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478