Louisville bat blowout

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
Saw this sale the other day and immediately jumped on the site, only to find no more of her bat available in her size. Ah well, gotta keep looking for a deal I guess.

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
I have a bit of a bat buying problem, but we were able to get bother Xeno and LXT in a 32/22, so thought why not. She has had 3 other Xenos, loved them all but grew out of them. The 2017 LXT we had was sent back three times, but was told they fixed the joint issue so thought we would give it another shot. Arrived today on the porch. One of them will be saved for Xmas, the other we will have her start breaking in. The Nighthawk wasn't something I planned to buy, but she needed a cage bat and I caught this one on a clearance sale for $55 shipped to my door. The Ghost and Q-Pro is Core's fault, but have been damn good bats.

Attachments

• 20181012_143026.jpg
    20181012_143026.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 49
May 23, 2015
I have a bit of a bat buying problem, but we were able to get bother Xeno and LXT in a 32/22, so thought why not. She has had 3 other Xenos, loved them all but grew out of them. The 2017 LXT we had was sent back three times, but was told they fixed the joint issue so thought we would give it another shot. Arrived today on the porch. One of them will be saved for Xmas, the other we will have her start breaking in. The Nighthawk wasn't something I planned to buy, but she needed a cage bat and I caught this one on a clearance sale for $55 shipped to my door. The Ghost and Q-Pro is Core's fault, but have been damn good bats.

Cool. How does she like the xeno vs qpro vs ghost?

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
Kind of a long story, but she has always loved the Xenos she had. We had no issues with them, they were a quick break in, and the ball really came off the bat well, on both the 2015 and 2016. When she grew out of those, we bought the LXT and had issues with it, so while it was being shipped back and forth, we bought the Ghost. The Ghost has been her favorite bat and the ball comes off that thing better than any other bat she has had (using the Pocket Radar was consistently 1-2 mph faster off the bat). She said they swung very similar as they both tend to swing a little heavier towards then end of the barrel. We ran into an end cap issue with the Ghost and sent that in, but needed a bat to play a tournament while it was gone so we went ahead and bought the Q-Pro. The Q-Pro seems to swing lighter and feels very balanced compared to the other two. The feel is more Demarini-ish, if that makes any sense. It does not have the loud crack of the Ghost or the breaking glass of the LS, its more thudish like the Demarinis or even Mizunos. That being said, she really likes this bat and the Pocket Radar shows it is very close to the Ghost. Fit and finish on this bat are great, and I don't think we have seen anyone else use one at any of the tournaments that we've been at.

Ghost Pros:
Love the color scheme
Ball flies of this bat
Good feedback when hitting the ball
Large sweet spot
Short break in
Warranty allows two replacements over the one year period

Ghost Cons:
Rarely on sale (Unless you buy from Core)
Durability is a toss up
Not a fan of the grip (Always the first thing I change on bats anyways)
Swings a little heavier (pretty sure its comes in over sticker on weight)(not really a con as my daughter likes it)

Q-Pro Pros:
Great looking bat and fit and finish seem great
Very balanced and light weight
Great pop
Actually liked the grip on this bat (but still changed it)
Don't see many of them
Large sweet spot

Q-Pro Cons-
Price (Unless you talk to Core)
Feedback is sometimes dull

It's all personal preference really and you can't go wrong with any of these bats. I really cant rate the Xeno that just came because it is still in the wrapper, so I really don't know. Im guessing it's decent judging by the fact that majority of the girls on our team have and love them, but time will tell. If it is anything like the past models, I'm sure it will be a fantastic bat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee