Looking to add throwing speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2016
So Coaches what kind of exercises would get my daughters overhand throw faster. Shes 15 shes at 58 to 61mph plays primary shortstop, 2nd base, center field. I been on you tube seen just about everything but just some thoughts to concentrate hard on what she should be doing and getting her accuracy down better.She tends to throw a little low at the thighs knees. But when shes in the outfield she can throw it a mile its so damn mental with her. Thanks

Apr 16, 2013
Honestly, 58 to 61 is pretty good for softball. This will sound odd and coming from left field, but have your DD focus on pronation when throwing. Almost no one has heard of or understands Marshall mechanics. It comes from baseball pitching. Pronate as you throw. (Roll thumb down, supinate = roll thumb upwards and is very bad.) I grew up throwing side arm. When I throw as hard as I can I actually go sub mariner and naturally supinate. I had to teach myself to throw proper over hand in order to help my DD back when she first started the game. Pronation makes an insane amount of difference in my accuracy. I still have to mentally tell myself, every single throw, to pronate.

If adding a few mph is seriously important, then look into a weighted ball program and stick to it. My DD added around 5mph to her baseball throw in 2 months, but it did nothing for accuracy. If your DD throws 60mph on the dime, she'll have all she needs IMO.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
So Coaches what kind of exercises would get my daughters overhand throw faster. Shes 15 shes at 58 to 61mph plays primary shortstop, 2nd base, center field. I been on you tube seen just about everything but just some thoughts to concentrate hard on what she should be doing and getting her accuracy down better.She tends to throw a little low at the thighs knees. But when shes in the outfield she can throw it a mile its so damn mental with her. Thanks

Do you have video, that you could share?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802