Looking for the right Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
Rawlings makes a pretty nice glove that Dicks carries exclusively. Gold glove series for fast pitch I think it is called, I bought one last year for my DD and it has been a really nice glove. $139, waited and got on sale and with some points for $90, but the quality is there and she plays ALOT of games and practices even more. Very happy with that glove. I would put it just below the A2000 type gloves maybe?? Just a notch under.

Nov 29, 2012
My daughter is similar age as yours, turns 9 in February, pitches and plays SS for a 10U team. I went through the same process you are now. I wanted something lite on her hand and fit tight so I wanted a Velcro strap. I ended up getting her an older model NOS Wilson A2000 11.75 FP model that has Velcro strap and super skin on the back to lighten it up. Wilson has a similar model listed now but I don't think it has the super skin back. My DD loves hers and it fits her good. She is 53" and 71lbs for reference.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you my daughter is also 8 playing SS for her 10u travel team. I prefer to get her a Wilson as well, but looking at the new gray color Wilson A2000 11.75 I noticed it wasn't super skin as well. I do love the look of the new A2000 and if it was super skin it would be perfect. I believe I was able to find the glove your DD has for $180. Is this it? Wilson A2000 Superskin ZINF-SS Fastpitch Softball Glove - Clearance Fastpitch Softball Gloves & Mitts - Clearance Outlet

Mar 20, 2015
NW Az
My daughter loves the Rawlings Gold Glove 12" She is on her second one. Easy to break in and so far is lasting about two years. Not bad for $70 glove.

Feb 7, 2013
My DD is 8 (almost 9) playing 10U travel ball. Her glove that she is in love with is a cheaper Mizzuno 11.5" that I picked up for her a couple of years ago, it has seen it's better days after a couple hundred games and I'd like to upgrade her to a better glove that will hopefully last her a few years. She plays SS and 2B and has smaller hands, I'd like to keep her in a 11.5-11.75 glove due to her size and playing MIF. What are some opinions on what I need to be looking at? Cost is not an issue, thanks.

If she loves her Mizuno then stick with that brand. The MVP series are good gloves and will last a few years. You say cost is not an issue so if you have to replace it every 2 or 3 years.

May 15, 2014
Atlanta
I got my daughter a Wilson A1000 last year when she had just turned 10. It's a 12in. super skin and very lightweight. I think it was less than $100. She isn't a very big girl and after trying a ton of gloves, it was really a perfect fit for smaller hands and not crazy expensive. I don't think Wilson makes it anymore but you might be able to find it somewhere if you google it. She has pitched 128 innings with it and also played 18 games for her middle school as SS and says it's still awesome!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812