Looking for some direction with a young pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Good Morning I was looking to get some feed back from the more experienced. My daughter and I have been working on pitching for almost a year and we are trying to perfect our mechanics as the Kansas City softball is shut down. Please take a look at the video attached and let me know if you have any suggestions on how to find some free speed and also tighten mechanics. I have been trying to educate myself and any help is appreciated thank you.

Good Morning I was looking to get some feed back from the more experienced. My daughter and I have been working on pitching for almost a year and we are trying to perfect our mechanics as the Kansas City softball is shut down. Please take a look at the video attached and let me know if you have any suggestions on how to find some free speed and also tighten mechanics. I have been trying to educate myself and any help is appreciated thank you.

Hope this is not too drawn out.

• Move the pitching mat a few more feet off the wall
  • Start behind the rubber
  • Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth to get relaxed and clear the mind for the next pitch. Shoulders relaxed and mentally as cool as the other side of the pillow
  • Step to the rubber presenting the ball at her side as in a game
  • Bring the ball to the mitt and get the grip
  • Inhale through the nose when starting the delivery
  • Shoulders and right foot should remain facing the catcher. Currently both are facing the 3rd base line causing the arm to have to do a lot of work rather than the body. Also creates the lean forward at delivery because the arm ends up pushing the ball rather the pulling it
  • Exhale at release for the relaxation to get maximum speed and movement

Aug 21, 2008
I have to agree with this. Tincher pitching group has me excited.

You know, I feel slighted. I have a buddy who's a pitcher in the Madison WI area. Not knowing who he is, or his background of pitching fastpitch, apparently Mr. Tincher reached out to him and invited him to join his "certification" program and be one of his coaches. My buddy declined. But it got me thinking, why wasn't I ever invited to join and be a certified coach?

Bill

Jul 3, 2018
Sluggers..thanks. I’ve seen that video and just watched it again. I get the concept, and so does DD, but actually getting it is a work in progress. So many people on here have helped us, so we’re continuing to work on it in the yard. We have time on our hands to actually work on stuff, and even though I’d love to watch her in games right now, this time is much needed without having to worry about mowing batters down.

Dec 1, 2019
Sorry For the length of time between posts, I finally took the other videos from behind the mound. We have been working on form, and I had some more questions about the way her arm goes through the rotation over her head, should we be worried about the angle of her arm when it rotates over her head? thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802