Looking for some direction with a young pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Making progress! I am not a PC but DD has been doing this for a while. I think your DD needs to work on front side resistance. She generates a lot of energy but leaks a lot of it when she releases the ball and moves forward. She needs to "hit a wall" and allow the arm and body to continue while the rest of the body comes to a fast and hard stop.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Making progress! I am not a PC but DD has been doing this for a while. I think your DD needs to work on front side resistance. She generates a lot of energy but leaks a lot of it when she releases the ball and moves forward. She needs to "hit a wall" and allow the arm and body to continue while the rest of the body comes to a fast and hard stop.

Congratulations to DD. Looking so much better being smooth and relaxed. It looks like she has a lot of whip in that right arm :whistle:.

• Currently her arms are going back with the drop of her stride foot. Recommend she be more like the previous video of Samantha Snow where the stride foot remains stable and the heads starts to move forward as the arms are going back past her body.
  • Currently her left arm is flying out prematurely and not getting to a full reach. Once again refer you to the Samantha Snow video where the mitt stays palm to the ground and works in unison with the throwing arm.
  • On this site under Softball Pitching is sticky thread I/R in the Classroom. Mastering the five drills on pages 1 & 2 is a good thing.
  • Review the previous videos to help find her rhythm and style.
  • Listen very carefully to and try to emulate the two videos attached in this post.
Thanks for the great videos.

- Balswick Fastpitch - Video 1
- Balswick Fastpitch - Video 3

Dec 1, 2019
Congratulations to DD. Looking so much better being smooth and relaxed. It looks like she has a lot of whip in that right arm :whistle:.

• Currently her arms are going back with the drop of her stride foot. Recommend she be more like the previous video of Samantha Snow where the stride foot remains stable and the heads starts to move forward as the arms are going back past her body.
  • Currently her left arm is flying out prematurely and not getting to a full reach. Once again refer you to the Samantha Snow video where the mitt stays palm to the ground and works in unison with the throwing arm.
  • On this site under Softball Pitching is sticky thread I/R in the Classroom. Mastering the five drills on pages 1 & 2 is a good thing.
  • Listen very carefully to and try to emulate the two videos attached in this post.

Thank you for the great feedback

Dec 1, 2019

Great videos thank you again

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Sorry For the length of time between posts, I finally took the other videos from behind the mound. We have been working on form, and I had some more questions about the way her arm goes through the rotation over her head, should we be worried about the angle of her arm when it rotates over her head? thanks again

What I am seeing is your DD rotating her arm to get behind the ball and ends up with a push. She needs to work on getting palm up at 9oclock as she comes down thru. If it were my DD I would probably stop trying to throw full pitches for now until she got the IR correct. Go back to the stickies and work the drills until she is comfortable with the feel. IMHO you cannot have good IR without proper brush. Your DD comes straight thru with a no brush push.

If you don’t see palm up down the backside and if you don’t see BI, stop until you do. Just my opinion from what I did with my DD. Good luck she looks very athletic and has long levers. Should be able to really zing it when it all comes together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802