Looking for reviews and recommendations for softball summer camps in NJ/NY/PA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 21, 2015
I'm looking for feedback on summer softball camps both day and overnight. I'm planning on sending my 13 year old daughter to a softball camp this summer and would like to hear both pros and cons.

Thanks!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If your DD has an aspirations to play college softball I would recommend asking her to make a Top 10 list of schools she likes and attend as many as time and finances will allow. On her list do 3 "dream schools", 4 "good possibilities" and 3 "last resorts".

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD and a friend did a sleep away camp at Princeton. They loved it and I've looked around for other sleep away camps but they are few and far between. Nothing like spending 4-5 days at a college to get the feel for it. They are basically like the 1 or 2 day commuter camps but then you get to have fun afterwards with scavenger hunts, pizza parties etc. I couldn't understand why they'd feed them at 4, bring them back to the fields at five for 3 hours of scrimmages. They were starving by the time they got back to the dorms.

I think DD was 13 when she went. They did divide them up between 15 and above, 12 to 14.

Apr 21, 2015
Inside Pitch, what was the name of the sleepaway camp at Princeton? We are in NJ so that might work.

Does anyone have feedback on Nike softball sleepaway camps at Lawrenceville School, as well as at Montclair State? I am also looking at "Revolution softball camp" at Ramapo College.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Mason....they don't offer that sleepaway at Princeton anymore. They still offer it for some other girl's sports but no SB.

How old is your DD? The Nike camp that I saw was for younger kids. Looked like they kept them busy and the kids had fun.

Apr 21, 2015
My daughter is 13 years old. Do you think that she is too old for Nike? We were considering the Nike Lawrenceville...

Any feedback on the Revolution camps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802