Looking for help and thoughts on using a recruiting service

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2019
I’m interested in recommendations on recruiting services for a Midwest based team, with D1 & D2 athletes. Any cost/benefit input would be appreciated.

There are so many out there, and mixed opinions as to whether they are worth the money.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Typically if you have D1 athletes, then you don't need a recruiting service. What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for someone (paid recruiter) to help the players get recruited or are you looking for a website to post videos and rosters with an email platform?

Mar 26, 2016
Are you looking for a website? If so, we use sports recruits, and have nothing but positive to say about it. We get an email and text after any videos are viewed from said school, and also emailing out from there system is easy. The director of org can also see emails sent received, and video/profile views.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
We are using Field Level and so far we like what we see. Our coach has been using it to recommend DD to various schools and we have already received inquiries. She is in the process of sending individual schools/coaches letters.

Jul 31, 2019
Typically if you have D1 athletes, then you don't need a recruiting service. What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for someone (paid recruiter) to help the players get recruited or are you looking for a website to post videos and rosters with an email platform?
Looking for a central platform for the team and it’s players. Not sure if one service is looked at more than others, or which ones have better features. They all seam to offer a free profile, then cost start building depending on what you add. For example, I’ve used field level which is free, until I want to promote a player, then its $36/ month for each player

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Sports Recruits platform seems to be go to around here. It might be a little expensive if you are just using it for one team. I used NCSA, but in the end it didn't help my kid recruited. If you want to do it on the cheap, have each player set up a Youtube page and have them upload videos and send links. You can then share video links via your team's twitter feed or facebook page.

Nov 21, 2017
For measurables it is mostly advisable to use a 3rd party service, and college coaches know it is verified data. I have used OnDeck Measurements. Also some camps or showcases have them. Once we had our data we sent it out to some college coaches and got a few interest, especially because my DD had D1 speed and agility

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee