Looking for feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 11, 2015
Second yr 14u. From connection to contact I feel like it’s pretty solid. The load to connection I fell like is the issue. She always brings her hands in to her body which I feel is limiting things and I can’t figure out how to reprogram that.

Jun 13, 2019
Seesaw and one handed drills might help. I've done these with my kid and it has helped her bat path. We use hitting vault

Sep 29, 2014
I was wondering if she was doing inside drills for these videos because the tee looks pretty close wonder if she was hitting with a low outside tee position how different her swing might look? I know different people have different views on separation but I think she could benefit from some more separation and also even if just slightly getting the bat into a more natural position versus straight up and down. Swing just seems kinda mechanical to me like she is passing through points that she has learn but not just swinging away.

Finally I've just been burned too many times would be better to see a pitched ball versus tee. Things like the way she hunches over the comes up out of that position to hit seem awkward but my guess is against a pitched ball she probably doesn't do that.

Aug 11, 2015
I was wondering if she was doing inside drills for these videos because the tee looks pretty close wonder if she was hitting with a low outside tee position how different her swing might look? I know different people have different views on separation but I think she could benefit from some more separation and also even if just slightly getting the bat into a more natural position versus straight up and down. Swing just seems kinda mechanical to me like she is passing through points that she has learn but not just swinging away.

Finally I've just been burned too many times would be better to see a pitched ball versus tee. Things like the way she hunches over the comes up out of that position to hit seem awkward but my guess is against a pitched ball she probably doesn't do that.

The higher tee(top) is mostly middle, the lower tee(bottom) is inner half.

I agree about the separation but does that mean moving her hands back further or increasing her stride?? Shes one of those kids that a creature of comfort. Shes always had a short stride.

Here's a couple videos from the Fall(double and HR). Hard for me to get videos as the 1b coach unfortunately. In these videos she steps in the bucket some claerly but doesnt seem to be so "tight"

Aug 20, 2017
Im assuming change ups give her fits due to lack of stretch with the upper body. The pvc pipe progression is the start. Bunch of dry load/strides with a bat is next. Feet together stride hit drill is next. All focused on scap load, pull back, stretch or whatever you want to call the upper body load (which occurs during the stride)

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The higher tee(top) is mostly middle, the lower tee(bottom) is inner half.

I agree about the separation but does that mean moving her hands back further or increasing her stride?? Shes one of those kids that a creature of comfort. Shes always had a short stride.

Here's a couple videos from the Fall(double and HR). Hard for me to get videos as the 1b coach unfortunately. In these videos she steps in the bucket some claerly but doesnt seem to be so "tight"

she looks different with her game swings. Stepping out slightly isn’t a problem. nice swing in game. spacing is a slight issue. Does she stay on the outside pitch well?

Aug 11, 2015
Im assuming change ups give her fits due to lack of stretch with the upper body. The pvc pipe progression is the start. Bunch of dry load/strides with a bat is next. Feet together stride hit drill is next. All focused on scap load, pull back, stretch or whatever you want to call the upper body load (which occurs during the stride)

Changeups are definitely not her friend. She does have a somewhat forward stance at the plate in relation to the plate to attempt to "cut" the changeup off a bit but yes she struggles with "staying back". Im sure thats a combination of pitch recognition and timing.

So are you saying that her back elbow needs to go back more, ie rearward towards her back to create more stretch?? Ill work on that aspect as I said earlier I believe the load/stretch portion is the issue in relation to driving the ball further and harder then she currently is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom