Looking for Expert in Bat Compression

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 17, 2020
Huntley, IL
Looking for someone that understands the science behind bat compression better than I do. I had a situation happen last summer that I don't fully understand the science and looking for some help.

DD was at a tournament were they tested all the bats with the actual machine that measures compression. Put her 2019 Easton Prowess composite game bat in the machine and all good, no issues. I also took her BP bat that is a simply $60 aluminum for dimpled balls and put that in the machine. When he compressed that bat the needle went all the way over. The bat was illegal. I had him do it a couple times just to see the numbers, it was crazy the difference between the two bats.

I walked away thinking to myself that the aluminum bat that I just tested has all the stamps and no one would know unless they tested it that it is illegal. Should I have her using the $60 aluminum bat versus the $200 composite? I have asked a lot of people about this and never really got a good answer on why this happened. Any help would be appreciated.

Oct 26, 2019
I didn’t think they compression tested bats that weren’t composite? Like the test was made specifically for composites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802