Looking for durable and affordable softballs for practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2020
I'm not sure if this is a silly question; I didn't find info in a forum search. Maybe they're mostly the same? I bought a batch from Dick's, though, and after batting practice with my girls they were deformed trash...and my girls aren't exactly mashers.

Apr 28, 2019
I'm not sure if this is a silly question; I didn't find info in a forum search. Maybe they're mostly the same? I bought a batch from Dick's, though, and after batting practice with my girls they were deformed trash...and my girls aren't exactly mashers.
The Dick’s balls that come in their 5 gallon buckets are terrible. Not much of a seam and they deform quickly as you mentioned.
Try synthetic leather balls from Diamond, Dudley, Champro, Pro Nine and others. Much better than Big Box “bargain” balls.

Feb 1, 2021
I can find the A9011 high school balls on Amazon for $70 to $80 a dozen somewhat regularly. I have purchased 4 dozen over the past 3 or 4 years and haven't had to toss a single one out yet. We hit almost every day.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Are you looking for 11 or 12 inch balls? I have 2 dozen of new 11" Dudley Thunder SY balls if interested for $50/dozen shipped. We use them for practice balls every season and they are great.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I purchased 4 new dozen of EvilSport 12" leather Trump balls from softball.com for less than $50 a dozen. This is the second time purchasing them. The first time was 6 years ago I didn't need to replace them but I thought it was time. These went through team practice twice a week, on average 5, hour long hitting lessons a week and 12 tournament warm-ups a year for 6 years.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I like that word! And they are the same weight/feel as legit game balls?

They are legit game balls. The cover is synthetic instead of leather. That can have a different feel for pitching, but you can have some leather game balls for that. For BP and general practice, they're excellent. I've been using the same dozen balls of this type for at least three years for my kid's individual work and team BP warmups. Older hitters...most now college players....they're still in great shape.

Oct 12, 2020
Are you looking for 11 or 12 inch balls? I have 2 dozen of new 11" Dudley Thunder SY balls if interested for $50/dozen shipped. We use them for practice balls every season and they are great.
12", thanks though.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I purchased 4 new dozen of EvilSport 12" leather Trump balls from softball.com for less than $50 a dozen. This is the second time purchasing them. The first time was 6 years ago I didn't need to replace them but I thought it was time. These went through team practice twice a week, on average 5, hour long hitting lessons a week and 12 tournament warm-ups a year for 6 years.
Trump Evil softballs are my favorite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802