Looking for another set of eyes - 16u Swing Analysis

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
4d7cc9f34e52c7202c6ab2c11a03357f197eaeac.gifv

08fe88137026fbac30acc4503d81feea1e1390c4.gifv

Sounds like a lot words to say she still has BAT DRAG with out saying BAT DRAG.....
[QUOTE ]The stroke is a bit ‘slicey’..
Is that another way of saying 'swinging around' her body and not 'out from'.....
[/QUOTE]

swinging around the body is the symptom. Anyone can see that. You aren’t saying anything enlightening. yes it’s drag. But it’s not drag bc it’s drag. There are causes and effects. Rattling off what is wrong is great for a dad that knows the swing inside and out. But if that was the case I’m guessing the player wouldn’t be swinging like that in the first place. Know your audience.

the OP is looking for analysis. He already knows there’s things wrong............................................

Aug 20, 2017
Rdbass

I’ve noticed a trend on this forum. People really don’t want to change.
Either way you ain’t fixing swing issues quickly. It takes time! No such thing as quick fixes. Maybe some bandaids but hitters will default to original patterns quickly. Drives me crazy 😜

Oct 2, 2017
Just my .02 cents. Thanks to @rdbass awesome gifs. The symptoms or issues of drag etc. she is having is simply the byproduct of improper sequence. It's creating lots of slack which introduces drag etc. IMO to start fixing the core issue is to start with sequence.

May 28, 2014
Either way you ain’t fixing swing issues quickly. It takes time! No such thing as quick fixes. Maybe some bandaids but hitters will default to original patterns quickly. Drives me crazy 😜

Thats what we call cage rats, swing looks perfect in practice, but in a game - same old habits.

Jul 29, 2013
The pitch was way inside(see catcher's mitt) She drags the barrel and tries too hard to hit inside the ball. That pitch should have been hit into the 3rd base dugout.
Tip and rip will teach her to get the barrel to the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28