Looking for a new glove for my 10u player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2015
I recently bought my DD a Wilson A600 glove. But it's too big, I'm going to save it and get something a little smaller. Anyone have any ideas or an old glove to sell:)

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I usually just take my DD or DS to Monkey Sports and let them try on the wall of mitts until they find the one that, well... fits like a glove. Without fail, they usually save me money vs the one I would have picked out for them.
At this age, I'd rather spend less and replace it every two years as their hands grow.

At 9-10, my daughter had the Mizuno that grcsftbll linked to as well. Easy to squeeze and use for that age.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I recently bought my DD a Wilson A600 glove. But it's too big, I'm going to save it and get something a little smaller. Anyone have any ideas or an old glove to sell:)

How old is your DD? What size is the A600?

EDIT: I missed the 10U part. Duh.

For 9-10yos, I tend to recommend a 12" glove, but depending on the size of the player, a 12.5" might be suitable. That said, actual size can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. At 9-10yo, my DD was using a 12" Mizuno MVP-series, which is similar to most mfr's 12.5" gloves.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2012
I just bought my daughter a Wilson A2k l 11.75' Snake Skin model and I love the look, feel and weight. We just received it in the mail today so she hasn't had a chance to break it in yet, but I'm very impressed so far. My daughter is 8 turning 9 on the 22nd of this month and she plays SS for her club team for reference. Due to her size snake skin was a big deal to me because it makes the glove lighter. Her old glove was a LS 11.50 model that was like 40 or 50 bucks and was pretty good for the cost.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I have an 8 YO that just got a Mizuno GPL1205F1. It's a 12" youth glove and fits her small hands well. It's also extremely light. I figure she'll get maybe 4 years out of it and then it'll be time for a new one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee