Looking for a good priced center field/short stop combo glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2020
I am helping one of my daughter's friend's father find a good glove for his daughter without going broke. My daughter loves her Marucci Magnolia Series catchers glove, and she loves her All-star vela glove. His daughter plays center field and short stop and its time for a new glove.

I thinking about pointing him to the Marucci Megnolia Series gloves as they are currently on sale and they are decent quality.

Are there any other deals out there to point him to..... he has been clear his price range is Free to $150 but closer to free LOL

The Megnolia are running roughly 129 and are good quality,

any suggestions are welcome.

Oct 26, 2019
It’s going to be hard to find a glove that perfectly fits both of those positions. I would think something in a 12 inch would probably be as close as you are going to get. 12 inch glove would probably be fine in the outfield for younger ages but high school age I would guess they would want something a little bigger.

Oct 5, 2018
I agree with Towny9. Consider which is primary position and buy a glove geared for that position and get something super cheap or free for the other if the primary glove doesn't work.

I wonder how this would play for this scenario, never seen one, based on price seems it would almost be a baseball liberty advanced series...

EC1225-6BW-1.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I am helping one of my daughter's friend's father find a good glove for his daughter without going broke. My daughter loves her Marucci Magnolia Series catchers glove, and she loves her All-star vela glove. His daughter plays center field and short stop and its time for a new glove.

I thinking about pointing him to the Marucci Megnolia Series gloves as they are currently on sale and they are decent quality.

Are there any other deals out there to point him to..... he has been clear his price range is Free to $150 but closer to free LOL

The Megnolia are running roughly 129 and are good quality,

any suggestions are welcome.
Just got my DD the Marucci Magnolia Series 12" glove. It is sweet and wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to break in. Check out the Cypress Series too. Don't think you can go wrong.

Mar 28, 2020
It’s going to be hard to find a glove that perfectly fits both of those positions. I would think something in a 12 inch would probably be as close as you are going to get. 12 inch glove would probably be fine in the outfield for younger ages but high school age I would guess they would want something a little bigger.
I am sorry I forgot to put the age. they are 11 turning 12 on a 12U team that plays some tournaments at 14U

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I know there's differing opinions here, but a single glove for those two positions really don't go together, will one glove work for both, sure you can make it work. And if she plays SS and CF she's obviously one of the best athletes on the team so that helps!

I like no larger than a 12" glove at SS, and no smaller than a 12.5" glove in the outfield, but that's just me!

Hey......I think I may have started a thread here lately about this very subject, yeah actually I did!

OP, an ugly ole basket web Vinci BV1929 is probably your best option.

Oct 26, 2019
I know there's differing opinions here, but a single glove for those two positions really don't go together, will one glove work for both, sure you can make it work. And if she plays SS and CF she's obviously one of the best athletes on the team so that helps!

I like no larger than a 12" glove at SS, and no smaller than a 12.5" glove in the outfield, but that's just me!

Hey......I think I may have started a thread here lately about this very subject, yeah actually I did!

I agree. I think at the 12U level she could make a 12” work for both of money is an issue, but last that she would want 2 gloves.

Mar 28, 2020
I agree. I think at the 12U level she could make a 12” work for both of money is an issue, but last that she would want 2 gloves.

He went with the 11.5" Megnolia since in the spring she is going to focus more on SS as we play in a rec league during spring. Not that many balls go out in the outfield for the coach to put one of his top talents out there.

This summer he will have to get an outfielders glove. She will pay allot of center field.....

Thanks for all the feedback it was helpful

Oct 1, 2014
USA

Ugly? My DD loved that BV1929-L with the basket web and kicked butt with it in the circle, MI and covered the entire outfield just fine thank you very much! ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802