Looking for a composite bat for my 7 Year old DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Every 7 year old needs a Rocketech!! :giggle:

You're about a month too late, I gave away several used Miken and Worth 1-piece composite bats, I would have gave you one! Do yourself a favor........do you have a Play it again Sports near by? Like Mr. flog said, buy your 7 year old a used bat, unless they've been hitting rocks, trees, or telephone poles with it, a 7 year old usually won't even break one in!
We were lucky enough to come along when there were 2005 Rocketchs everywhere. DD swung a 30-21 in 8U and nothing compared to it. She was hitting bombs at all of 70lbs. That is the one time I think the bat made that much of a difference.

Honestly for a 7yo I would definitely buy used. We went through three CF-5 -11's in a year and a half and they were three sizes. Not worth buying new unless you can get a great deal and then sell when she needs to move up.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
DD swung a 30-21 in 8U and nothing compared to it.
She must have been a little 8 old beast, Anna used her 30" RT in 12U, those weighed what.........34 ounces? ;)

My favorite thing about those bats at young ages wasn't the bombs, it was the HARD line drives and ground balls that got through holes so fast the infielders looked at each other like "what, that wasn't my ball, that was your ball!" Balls got through the 5-6 hole in a blink!

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
She must have been a little 8 old beast, Anna used her 30" RT in 12U, those weighed what.........34 ounces? ;)

My favorite thing about those bats at young ages wasn't the bombs, it was the HARD line drives and ground balls that got through holes so fast the infielders looked at each other like "what, that wasn't my ball, that was your ball!" Balls got through the 5-6 hole in a blink!
She was just a little ball of muscle. So many girls swung them back then and hit absolute shots. I remember watching the 02 T-Bolts team playing against team that put no one in the infield. All of the girls played 10' behind the bag and the pitcher directly behind 2B. It was at the Bolts facility with 200' fences and four or five of their girls went yard that day. It was DD's very first TB tourney playing pick up for a second year 8U team and I was shocked watching it. Her Rocketech earned he a permenant spot that day and when the 02's moved to 10U she stayed down with the 03's and has played with them pretty much ever since.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I don't think people are saying there aren't parents that spend on high end bats at a young age or that its wrong...its
really up to the parent and its their own business. Think most are just saying at that young of an age, its not really that
important. I agree with you, Im not buying some junk one piece metal, but Im not buying the top shelf at 7 years old...haha

I remember this "junk one piece metal" that I picked up for $10 out of the clearance bin at Wal Mart nearly 10 years ago. A red Easton aluminum...that bat was awesome.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If your in a metal bat league in softball, yeah, prob pretty good. Some cheaper metals do well against
some way more expensive metals as it depends more on the hitter. I like endload, I found a nice 39 buck bat that I hit way better than the 150 buck metals some buy.
Or baseball, where one piece metals are still more popular than anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28