Looking for a composite bat for my 7 Year old DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2020
So we are on a Travel ball team now, the whole team was basically recommended that we should get a Composite bat for our child. Which i have no problem with. We were going to buy her one anyways. My question being is which bat to buy. I have seen the Easton Ghost 2020 which i think has some pop to it, the DeMarini Prism not much of a fan not the pop i expected for a $400 bat, and i have been looking at the Louisville bats as well. I dont have much experience with softball bats so just trying to see what everyone else has and like and why?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Every 7 year old needs a Rocketech!! :giggle:

You're about a month too late, I gave away several used Miken and Worth 1-piece composite bats, I would have gave you one! Do yourself a favor........do you have a Play it again Sports near by? Like Mr. flog said, buy your 7 year old a used bat, unless they've been hitting rocks, trees, or telephone poles with it, a 7 year old usually won't even break one in!

Dec 2, 2019
My 7 year old is very small. I got her a 28" drop 13 mizuno carbon 1 for Xmas. It's so much lighter than the team bat that was a 28" cf6 drop 11. She doesn't complain about hand sting on mis hits anymore either. I think it was around $190 on Amazon.

Jan 7, 2020
Every 7 year old needs a Rocketech!! :giggle:

You're about a month too late, I gave away several used Miken and Worth 1-piece composite bats, I would have gave you one! Do yourself a favor........do you have a Play it again Sports near by? Like Mr. flog said, buy your 7 year old a used bat, unless they've been hitting rocks, trees, or telephone poles with it, a 7 year old usually won't even break one in!

Yes i was there the other day they didnt have much options for a 7 Year old lol, but i will definitely keep looking.

Jan 7, 2020
My 7 year old is very small. I got her a 28" drop 13 mizuno carbon 1 for Xmas. It's so much lighter than the team bat that was a 28" cf6 drop 11. She doesn't complain about hand sting on mis hits anymore either. I think it was around $190 on Amazon.
Thank you. I will check that one out when i get home.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hand stings should actually be less with the heavier -11 bat. Hand stings are coming from either being way out front, casting, or just good ole mishits! Work on her staying back and staying inside the ball and those stings will go away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802