Looking for a composite bat for my 7 Year old DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2018
At 7, I'd get a good entry level composite like the Easton Stealth because she may decide tomorrow that softball isn't for her and want to try another sport and you'll be left with a $400 bat. You can always upgrade to a more expensive bat if she really develops a passion for softball

May 20, 2019
Most important thing at that age is an appropriately sized bat. Players this age can develop very quickly and bat needs can change just as fast.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, I know there are a few 8 yo's that can give Lauren Chamberlain a run for the money in a HR derby, but if you spend more than a couple hundred dollars on a bat for an 8U, you are insane. Even then, that's a ridiculous amount of money for something that will be useless next season. I see lots of good deals on closeouts in the smaller sizes, and ebay is a great place to buy used bats. Regardless of age, buy the bat that fits your DD's swing. The correct size, weight, and balance is far more important than the brand name.

My DD hit one over the fence in an 8U tournament. Fences were short as you've ever seen, but it was still using a $100 bat.

It was the Easton Stealth. The white/pink/yellow one.

$80 new:

Amazon product ASIN B073SR9X41

Jan 7, 2020
To answer yalls question, yes there are parent that buy there kids $400 bats, there are atleast 5 girls on our team who have the Prism bats, 1 who has the Easton Ghost, and 1 who has the Easton Ghost Advance. So yes there are parents who dont have a problem spending that money. Me on the other hand will not be one of them, i rather my daughter find a decent bat between 100-150 (yes i know some of your still say that to much), i want to find her something she is comfortable with and is able to control.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I don't think people are saying there aren't parents that spend on high end bats at a young age or that its wrong...its
really up to the parent and its their own business. Think most are just saying at that young of an age, its not really that
important. I agree with you, Im not buying some junk one piece metal, but Im not buying the top shelf at 7 years old...haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802