Looking for a comparable bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2012
NC
GWe bought my daughter a 2013demarini cf5 hope bat 32/22 bat for Christmas. She has been using it in practice and loves it. Whta we are needing is a comparable aluminum bat for cold weather and hitting the hard rubber balls. What does everyone use that is balanced the same?

Thanks!

Jan 10, 2013
Maryland
Easton makes a -10 aluminum called the Typhoon. (This years model is teal, last years was white with orange writing). Not sure if it will feel similar to the 2013 DM but my DD uses this as her cage bat for $50 wasn't a bad purchase.

Apr 25, 2010
A lot of people will also look for a used/old version of what they have and use that for the cages.

Mar 29, 2012
Doubt you will fnd anything exactly the same, but if you are worried abut the Cf5 blowing up becuase of cold weather then you could try a Ripit force or Foxy. They aren't composite so they should take the cold softballs better.

I have my DD use a LS mendoza in the cages, composite but it was cheap enough if it breaks I won't have a heart attack like I would with her CF5, and it's a pretty sturdy bat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28