look back rule on ball 4

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
isn't it easier to be a great coach when you have great players? and we're actually not schmucks, my friend, we're good coaches working with what we have. our successes are measured more by player development on numerous levels than by team championships and I am more than OK with that. :)

Jun 7, 2019
Last words on this (I think 😉).

I agree that the defense should be in control. It just doesn’t work like that against teams that are good at this stuff.

The control the defense has does NOT mean they can always - or almost always - get the out. My only point was, if you can't stop the offense - at least in the game example Westwind gave - you still have control of that runner on 3B. She can't move - let alone score - unless the defense releases her from the bag. To get frustrated trying to get the batter runner and end up letting the runner on 3rd score is inexcusable - especially at that level.

Jun 7, 2019
isn't it easier to be a great coach when you have great players? .....we're good coaches working with what we have. our successes are measured more by player development on numerous levels than by team championships and I am more than OK with that. :)

Amen to that, brother!

Dec 11, 2010
I think player development is the most of us can hope for most of the time! CVS, I still feel like a schmuck, lol!

And the steady and continued improvement is one of the top five reasons to love sb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802